Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tidbits: KC Gold, TSWF, Dyersburg promotions, Ricky Gibson and Workers @ TV tapings

----KC Gold, who is one of the owners of MAW, e-mailed me to say there were 75 people paid at the show last weekend. There has been talk everywhere about the show not drawing and them losing their shirts. Yes, they lost money. The only advertising they did not do was a TV spot, which might be something to do for the next show. The thing that still amazes me and I told KC this in an e-mail is drawing less 100 people in downtown Memphis. I also am supposed to get a tape or DVD of the show, so I will give my opinion. The main point and I am stealing this from Gene Jackson, but if there were four 5-star matches – it wouldn’t matter because no body was there.

----Steve Creasy seems to have dropped the CCW name and is starting a new promotion under the name TSWF [Tri-State Wrestling Federation]. I could not confirm this, because I could not get Creasy to answer my e-mails, but the site looks just like his handy work. I do want to thank him for dropping the CCW name.

----Dyersburg, TN gets really interesting this weekend with the new promotion opening Saturday with direct competition with DCWF. As I said, rumors are going to fly like crazy for the next couple weeks with who is working where and such. I was told that Motley Cruz is saying he did not contact anybody to work, because he is happy working with Dixie. The booker will be “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony and his first show will be the 9.30.06 show, because he gets married this coming weekend. We may even have another story from all of this, because I look for a lot of the guys working Ripley, TN will work here – whether they do double duty or work just this show.

----Ricky Gibson web site link here about his career. Thought this was a good piece for those that do not remember Ricky. It is said in this piece, but Ricky was a very good worker. I only met him on one occasion and he was super nice guy.

----I heard that because there have been so many people backstage at Memphis Wrestling TV tapings, the workers were told two weeks ago that if they didn’t call then, then don’t come to TV. IMHO, they should have kept some of the guys they did not call – Huey, “Hollywood” Jimmy, Neil Taylor and FOP. As I have said, good to see Dustin Starr used again. I have heard from more than once source that Derrick King was the cause of both changes - guys gone/Starr back. I do not think DK has that much power at Memphis Wrestling.