Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Setting The Record Straight with William Gibson"

----William Gibson sent the following to let all the readers to know the true story of the Gibson name. Thanks to him for setting the record straight. I think the readers will enjoy this.

I was at the Halls, TN show this past weekend, Dustin Starr and I rode together. The reason for the e-mail is that I was told that someone had decided they had nothing better to do than talk about me on this site.

So let's set the record straight, Rick Gibson and my mother were married for alittle over 8 years. From the time I was 8 years old, Rick Gibson raised me as if I was his own son. My real father was never a part of my life at all. So as far as I'm concerned Rick Gibson was and always will be my father. I was actually going to use another name when I got into the business, but both Rick and Robert insisted I use the name Gibson. So I didn't take the name to get more bookings, no matter what name I chose to use it would not have made a difference. Don't get me wrong, the name has helped me alot, but it's what you know and good you are at what you do that really makes a difference and get's you more bookings. Just for your own humor the other name I was going to use was (the billion dollar ref/manager Dalton Dibiase). I actually went as far as to get Ted Dibiase' permission when I met him at a legends show in Kentucky that Robert took me to.

Most all of the people who know me, know me as William Gibson, in and out of the business. Robert and I spend alot of time together and up until Rick's death, I had been to see him as often as I could. I could have changed my name the legal way as Rick wanted to adopt me and my brother when he was married to my mother, but my mother didn't want that. My real father died a couple of years ago, and since that time I have battled with the decision of should I change my name? I know that Rick would be proud to know that I did as he and I talked about it over the years past.

I don't care that people know my real name isn't Gibson, because I know and Robert know's I AM a Gibson through and through, top to bottom.

So to all of you that seem to think this is such an important topic of discussion, well it shouldn't be now. I haven't even dona anything in the business for over a year or more. This past weekend was the first show I had been to in a long time. I really enjoyed being back and actually announced the show and that was alot of fun.

I like this site and will continue to check it out from time to time, but there's no pics on the main page of William Gibson, where's the justice?

There are alot of other things that could be talked about, such as the all the great talent we have here in the Mid-South, Dustin Starr being one of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see him under a develoemental contract with the WWE sometime in the future. As well as Derrick King and Krypto. Also the cruiserweight guys, one in particular is Tattoo, this kid has alot of talent and if given a real chance I think he will go a long long way. Hopefully Chris Rocker will be back very soon and with a few more pounds, there is no reason why he couldn't land a developmental contract to. He is by far the best cruiserweight in this area.

Rick Gibson was one of the best wrestlers to ever step inside the ring, and I wish people could have know him as I did, real father or not, he was the best father a son/stepson could have.

So keep stirring up the shit, you're doing a great job there kid.

WilliamGibson

www.bestrefinthebiz.com