Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tidbits: RassleTalk, Sputnik, Sypro, Maggs and Kastle

----I will debut RassleTalk tomorrow with the first part of an interview conducted by Axeman with “Black Label Society” [AJ Bradley/Void] for Hollywood Jimmy’s “In the Spotlight” section. I was told about the piece and then told that Jimmy did not have room for the interview. I then contacted Axeman, who sent it along and I decided to run it on my site. Some of you not in this area will not be familiar with Bradley or Void, but consensus of what they say, is just like a typical indy wrestler’s life – no matter where you wrestle. Even though you might not know the actors in the movie, the movie is the same. This is one of the things that I wanted to do for the site – real interviews with people that don’t pull punches. Click back tomorrow and read the first part.

----Buddy Wayne wrote on a message board, “I received word from Billy Wicks that Sputnik Monroe is in very serious condition. His is living in Florida. He is down to 155 pounds and is an induced coma. He was brought out of it so he could talk to his son. I have known Sputnik since 1953. He had a heart as big as a mountain and would give you his last dollar if you needed it. Please pray for the "Diamond Ring and Cadillac Man" as he needs them. Sputnik was one of my oldest and best friends.” I have only met Monroe once at a wrestling convention and even though I am close to 40, he was waaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. He is a Memphis legend though and hope the best for him.

---Sypro[Carl] is the brother of 187[David] and Serpant[Harry]. I got that confirmed. Thanks to those that wrote in. I thought I was being worked. LOL

----Our condolences to the Joey Maggs family. Maggs is a former USWA tag team champion, which he held with Rex King by beating “The Dirty White Boys” [Tony Anthony/Tony Burton] on June 23, 1990. They would later lose the belts in August to Brian Lee/Don Harris. He was also the USWA JR champion at one time. Slam Wrestling has a good article on him.

----Kidd Kastle reported Tuesday [10.17.06] on his myspace account, “..I was in a bad wreck today…I was hit on hwy 72 in my drivers side door ... I’m sore but not down .... It’s only steel and glass; right?? LoL” Good to hear you are doing ok Kastle.