Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Get My Point? by Randy Cresswell


Thanks for the feedback on last week’s column, I appreciate it and yes, I did purposely used the WWF logo, so sue me.

Lets start with this past Thursday’s TNA Impact. Solid opener for the show; recapped the PPV and moved right into a teasing feud with Sting the Champ and Christian Cage the challenger, which I think is a perfect feud in my book to start off with. My problem with the opener…Mike Tenay; I know more than likely he is getting fed some of those lines, but at the same time he has been doing this long enough to have some pull on what he says. When it’s OBVIOUS that Christian, by “Championship Terms” should be in his right to receive a rematch for the title he lost, you don’t turn around and say, “You have to earn it.” Last I checked, he did as champ and if TNA’s writers had any sense on this point, they wouldn’t have done the, by far, dumbest stipulation match known to man calls a “Fight for the Right” Reverse Battle Royal, but no, don’t listen to this kid right here, head over to Lance Storm’s site and read what he had to say about it. TNA continues to show they have something over WWE at this point…tag teams. My problem; the misuse of the tag teams they have shown when establishing your #1 Contenders. I think this is the second time they have had the Naturals title contenders, then turn around, and make them look like jobbers. I do not care if it’s for their angle with Shane Douglas, start establishing your contenders right or people just won’t care. Hey look, it’s Austin “Macho Man” Starr and more Kevin Nash stuff, what happened to that whole “helping the X-Division” thing, oh…never mind, Nash said it. The reverse battle royal was STUPID is conception, but at least it moved along a series of angles during so. Dumb way to do it, yes, but they did it anyways, so whatever. It should have been the second stage and third stages as the “Fight for the Right” tournament. Was the Jarrett promo overplayed and overdone…YES; this was an interview to give if your new champion was say just for example Jay Lethal. Lets face it, Sting has been World Champion a MANY of times, I think he would know what pressure would be like as champion. Jarrett made it seem like he was the end all, be all of TNA…which, I understand, was the point, but still. My Point for TNA Impact? Signs that they may actually be building towards a great program and once it hits two hours, it will be a real test. I would move on to Smackdown, but I won’t simply for the fact I didn’t watch it and probably won’t for awhile. RAW did what did what needed to be push the Cyber Sunday PPV. If you your going to have a PPV like this then you have to have RAW like this. I did get a chuckle out of the Vince slip about Booker’s title. Makes you wonder if he is just running Smackdown like WCW would have ran it or something…would explain a lot. Hell, just for fun I would put EB in charge of Smackdown, let him pull an ECW and make WCW. Just me, would be fun. I also think it is nice for the RAW Main Event to be voted for, but at the same time, let’s be honest, too easy of a vote…like the PPV itself in most cases. The rest of RAW suited as I thought it would be and it was nice for a change not to see DX goof commercial, they decided to use them in more of serious not OTHER THAN HHH making himself God…again. Let’s take out Edge, which if you’re going to make him a special referee and his only purpose was to be taken out and then run in later, then WHY make him a referee??? Then let HHH take out both of his and Shawn’s partners single handedly and walk away clean. Then he gets a promo afterwards to continue his point, point made there Trips. Everything else worked for me after this point, so no need in covering it. My Point for WWE this week? Better than normal, but WWE and normal never lasts. I watched ECW as well and it failed to be good other than Sabu and Kevin Thorn. Once again, want to leave feedback on my column or if you want to wish me a happy birthday (wink) ransting@gmail.com.

Take Care.