Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Get My Point? by Randy Cresswell


I didn’t pay much attention to all the shows this week, so I’ll highlight what I do know and go from there and I am going to start on whatever it was that played where RAW has been airing was because whatever it was sucked. Ok, I can understand the Bischoff angle where he needed to do some shake up matches, I am fine with it, but they went off the damn deep end with it. Oh, and I have to say it, rather you like him or not, they make an ass out of Lawler…again.

Now, I thought Smackdown was bad, but if I had to rate, SmackDown was actually better than RAW this week and that is a scary, scary thought. Also, this “we only announce Survivor Series matches on wwe.com” is even worse. You have a live television show to do that with. I will say though the first match announced was a GREAT choice and great mixture of talent from all three brands. Also, the marks should love the Hardy Boyz reunion as well as CM Punk being involved in his first big PPV spin.

Am I the only who thinks that an Edge/Orton team under the nWo banner would be a good idea? Maybe so, but it’s just a thought.

I have nothing to say about TNA other than obvious winner for the fight for your right match. Now Sting can go ahead and take out a giant to cement his title reign. Hell, if things go the way I think they will “haven’t read spoilers this time around”, Angle will win the match against Abyss and just make the title match that much more of a joke. But on the same hand, they aren’t counting entirely on Sting/Abyss to draw the PPV, it’s the Angle/Joe match they want as the seller. I do not understand why you push LAX as the focal point of your ad when, to my knowledge, they are still without a match. True, it looks as though it will be AMW filling that void, but you would figure they would put more attention on LAX. Don’t know, I still think LAX is one of the hotter angles going on right now and they could really do more with it than they are already doing.

I think Russo has a deathwish for the X-Title, from what I am told, once again, I don’t read spoilers, but that Daniels may pick up the title as soon as next week…three changes in 4 weeks…give me a break. While no one liked it, HHH held his title for quite awhile to build to him losing it. Same for JBL, he held his for quite awhile, why? Because the longer the heel holds it, the more people will buy the PPV to see him lose it live, especially if they are huge heels.

ECW continues to be what has been, I am very glad to see they weren’t forcing the women down my throat again. I am sorry, I like women like any other guy, what I hate? Seemingly stupid women because lets face it, the general public only sees Divas as airheads and nothing more and I have had it up to here with Diva Contests. Women in wrestling are good for two things, use in small doses and the occasional match if they can actually work. When Lita leaves WWE, it is going to be a very bad Women’s Division simply because, while not the best, she can at least work. This would leave Victoria and Mickie as the top two and then…well, not much after that.

My Point? God, help us, us in our business of wrestling because the rate it went this week…Jebus Crisco, help us all.

ransting@gmail.com, keep sending that feedback!
Take Care