Tuesday, November 21, 2006

RassleBits: JD McKay, Deathwish, TFW and "Cruzin For Pain" Wrestling School

----My old friend JD McKay is working ICW in Mathison,MS and I believe is booking the show there. This is also a little out of the “viewing area”, but they drew over 120 [with some guesses being 150-175 people in the building] last Saturday night and that is where Lord Humongous was, instead of Paragould, AR for the NWF show. Speaking of NWF, Huey and Saxon were told on Friday that the NWF show was canceled by Ron Spence. Lord Humongous returns to ICW on 12.2 with a match vs Ron Horn and JD wrestles The Bullet [not Bob] in a Falls Count Anywhere bout.

----“Axeman” Randall Lewis has the 5th part of his “Deathwish” interview on Hollywood Jimmy’s site. When ask about Jerry Lawler, he says the following –

“Lawler has been the man in the Mid-South ever since Jackie Fargo stepped back and let him take the spotlight. Still dollar for dollar the best draw around. But, I’ve worked six shows with Lawler, and one time in the hallway he nodded at me. Other than that he was too busy being “The King,” off isolated from everybody else. As far as I know, the only people he talked to were Jimmy, who was managing him, and whoever his opponent happened to be. We were fellow clique members after all. He acted like all I was just another one of the jabronies in the back to him. But obviously, we know that I’m a little more than that. I think I intimidated the guy. At one time, he wouldn’t let Jimmy bring me into Memphis. Since being turned into a clown joke of an announcer making childish locker room jokes about women’s boobs in the WWE, he’s trying his best to hold on to that spotlight Jackie handed over to him in Memphis. Give the guy credit for being smart enough to know that if he had let Jimmy bring me in, I would have stolen his top spot in his own hometown.”

---- I got a few questions coming out of those comments, Do you for shoot think that Lawler is intimidated by you?? Do you think that YOU could take his top spot?? I have read your interview and consider you an intelligent person, but those comments were way off the mark. You talked many times about people having egos, well buddy, Deathwish, you got an inflated one. I would be surprised if Lawler even remembers who you are, so I know he would not be intimidated about you taking his spot. Don’t feel bad though, I see the Memphis TV show trying to continue with storylines and have been told Lawler has said he hates The Cowboys and thinks Matt Foley is horrible also – my ego is stroked by thinking maybe they are listening to what I write. Guess what?? They are not. Something a lot of people forget – he is the King and he is the top draw in this area – he cares nothing about Deathwish or Brian Tramel.

----My sincere apologies to TFW for all the crap has been started by me making a statement about how good they draw on a monthly basis. It was trying to be a compliment about how good they draw and how they must be doing something right. As I looked at the Hollywood Jimmy message board everyone gave them hell about their POs and even started stuff about whether they pay taxes or not. Yet another reason why message boards are nothing but a bunch of people that post stuff, but have no balls to post their names. Message boards without having to register with names and passwords are the worst thing about wrestling fandom. This message board is a great example of how to run a message board. I believe everyone has their right to their own opinion, but when I put my ass on the line every time I do a post it pisses me off when people can not post their real names.

----“Cruzin For Pain” wrestling school “Pit of Pain” will be holding it’s first tryouts on Decemeber 3, 2006 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Tryouts will be limited to 20 and are closed. No girlfriends/wives/boyfriends/husbands – only the ones that are trying out. If anyone would like more information please contact @ cruznforpain@yahoo.com. This is for serious inquiries only!!

----There is a big discussion on this message board about Jerry Lawler and his role now in wrestling along with past references. I found it a good read.