Friday, November 10, 2006

RassleBits: Shooter, Eric Wayne, Midnight Express, MAW Flyers, Fire/Flame, Memphis Backstage and more!!

----Are you tough?? You weigh about 155 lbs?? I got a friend that needs a few shoot fighters. Contact me if this sounds like something that would interest you. Payoff is much better than local wrestling shows.

----West Memphis, AR had the debut of Eric Wayne last night. I was told his match with Kevin Nikels, who was also making his pro debut, was very good. It was said that you could not tell it was their first bout. Both guys were trained by Eric’s dad Ken Wayne @ 'Nightmare' Ken Wayne's School of Professional Wrestling. The only result that I got was that “Picture Perfect” V1 [Christian Jacobs/Jon Michael] vs “The Cowboys” [Ricky Murdoch/Bill Nasty] went to a No Contest. Pokerface wrestled Mr. America and Wayne did go over on Nikels.

----“The Midnight Express” [Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey] have been confirmed for a show in Paragould, AR next Saturday night.I would like to invite any visitors of the site to join me to see the greatest tag team of all time. If I could get Ken and Eric to don some masks --- Nightmares vs Midnight?? Damn, you could just bury me after that. LOL Also on the show will be Lord Humongous, Hambones, Brad Thomas and others.

----MAW Flyers were put on cars this past Saturday again at the TV studios. MAW issued a statement saying a fan was doing this on his own and they can not be blamed. Apparently Reno Diamond did not want this to hurt him doing Memphis TV in the future. If I was MAW, I would try my best to put as many posters up as possible. Diamond is probably done with Memphis TV for awhile because he has worked MAW. Speaking of, MAW has a new look to their website courtesy of the same guy that helped shine up mine.

----It has been questioned on other sites about Don Bass and the new team of Fire/Flame. Bass has approved the new team and I was told he was happy about their first performance. As I said before, it is sort of like watching the same team in a different time period because the new team [Jake Dalton/Billy Ray Hickerson] are shaped just like the old team of Bass/Roger Smith. Speaking of Fire/Flame, I got results from a show that had them in Indiana last Saturday night for Jerry Wilson [long time photographer] Crowd was over 200 and they were throwing fire.

----Some updates on past items: TIWF last Saturday in Jackson, TN drew about 65 with a gate close to $325. I was also told that Motley Cruz did not inform anyone not to work NBW shows. That would be silly on Cruz’ part anyway. If they are not working anywhere, then his crew will just get rusty.

----Memphis backstage at the tapings had Lawler going over future plans. He was upset that the show has been doing such good ratings, but they have not been following storylines. He also didn’t seem too happy with the house that Nat the Rat picked in the skit he went to Lawler’s Mammy’s house. I actually thought that was the funny part---it looked real bad and fans would know that Lawler’s mom would not live in something like that. Nate is on the show this weekend.

----I came across this site – By the Bookings. I thought some of you the local guys may want to be added. If you have a good promo photo, you might find work outside of the Memphis area with a site like this. Speaking of sites, Dustin Starr has updated his site and there is one photo on there that cracks me up. It was taken from RAW in Memphis and it looks like Lillian Garcia is looking at Starr’s junk!!!