Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sputnik Monroe's Memorial Service


----I talked with Sputnik Monroe’s daughter this morning, Natalie Bell, and I wanted to pass along the memorial service info to everyone. The Hixson Brothers Funeral Home in Alexandria, LA is handling the services. Monroe is being cremated and they will have a graveside service in Pineville, LA [just a few miles from Alexandria] at 11:00 AM on Saturday November 18, 2006. Natalie asks me to inform everyone that wanted to send flowers or a gift, that she would appreciate you just sending a donation to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105.

----Natalie told a funny story this morning when talking with her about her dad. She said he had been on & off a breathing machine a few times. During one of his good times and he did not need it, the nurse was asking him if he was ok and how did he feel. Sputnik looked up at her and responded, “I am tough, I am a wrestler!!”