Tuesday, December 12, 2006

FEATURE ARTICLE: Setting the Record Straight: Mistakes In My Media

----I just wanted to spend a moment to let everyone know how I collect info and to clear up a few things on three items that I posted info on. I have people that call and e-mail me results, news or gossip. I have to at the time of getting that info decide two things – it is newsworthy [visitors want to read about it] and #2 – is it true?? Newsworthy is hard to decide at times, because I have to make a decision whether it is either anyone’s business or if it is interesting to the point of “if I was reading a web site, would I want to read about it” sort of thing. It is no secret to anyone that I do try to push the envelope at times. That is what always made my fanzine different and I think that is what makes the visitors like my site. As for gossip or “scoops”, I will not put anything up from a source that says, “Don’t put this on your site” unless I hear it from someone else that could care less. I also try at times to be the first at getting news out. And, either getting the news out quick or just depending on others to tell me the truth, I sometimes still will make mistakes. Three cases in point this past weekend was with Joni, Hulk Hogan and Seth Knight.

----On Saturday, I reported that Joni [Lawler’s ex-gf] was causing problems in the Jumpertown, MS locker room. I then got the following e-mail “It was posted yesterday I believe about the incident that happened with Neil Taylor, Rocker, and Joni in Jumpertown. I just want to clear that up by letting you know that it was Taylor and another worker that had an argument over something and Joni had nothing to do with it." It looks like this was the actual story and I made the mistake posting the first one.

----Saturday, I posted the article about the Hogans Walmart signing being in Southaven, MS. That was wrong and I corrected it. It was in Cordova, TN at the Germantown Walmart. The interview that was conducted on TV was also not in Southaven, but conducted in Tunica, MS at “Sam’s Town”, which I guess was the Hogans next stop on their tour. I was also told by more than three sources that there were probably 500 people there to see them. I also got this e-mail that I found interesting and made it clear out you had to get an autograph..

“My brother and I went to the Hulk/Brooke Hogan appearance this Saturday, and found out about the "gimmick" once we got there. First of all, it was being promoted as a Brooke Hogan CD signing, not a Hulk Hogan wrestling-related appearance. Secondly, we were told that you had to buy either the Hogan DVD or Brooke CD to get an autograph. My brother had no problem with this since he's a big Hogan mark, so he bought the DVD to be signed. However, we were later told that in order to have ANY Hogan memorabilia signed, you HAD to buy the Brooke CD. So it wasn't an either/or thing, it was both. Also, you had to have the CD to get a ticket for the signing, and only those who had a ticket could be in the area. Wal-Mart made several announcements over the P.A. system saying that "Daddy is backing his little girl 100%." There was about an even number of Brooke fans and Hulk/wrestling fans there, and obviously the Brooke fans already had the CD, so it only caused a problem with the wrestling fans.”

----And, finally it brings me to Seth Knight. On Sunday, during the TCLW report I posted that Knight refused to do a job for Foley and Dundee bitched him out. Well, Dundee had nothing to say about it and he was just probably doing his usual “that’s what is wrong with the business” gripe and my sources thought he was talking about Knight. Now this is the actual story and it was confirmed by an e-mail and phone call from two other sources…….

Tim Grind was giving Seth the finish of the match and before he even got finished, Seth interrupted and told Tim that he couldn't lose because he was making his big comeback. He said it in his interview last week and he can't lose. So, Tim was like you gonna let me finish motherfucker. Anyway, he finished and the damage was done. Seth was going over anyway!”

----The dressing room ribbed Knight all night long about “making his big comeback”. The few sources that I talked to first thought Knight had refused to do the job, which was not the case.

----I hope that clears up a few things and let’s the visitors of this site know that I try to make everything that you read to be 100% true. It is not going to happen every time, but I think I have had a pretty good record so far. And, I will correct mistakes when they happen.