Saturday, December 02, 2006

RassleBits: "OPP", RassleTalk, Awards, Starr/Psycho and first DVD release

----Just to let everyone know the “Original Picture Perfect” article was a total parody of not only this area of wrestling fandom, but wrestling as a whole. I thought it was so funny that Billy Gunn/Road Dogg [who I actually like] try to hold on to the past so much, just like the WWE. I thought up this parody at 2:30 AM in the morning and it was all written by me. Brian Thompson didn’t even know I was posting it until it was posted. For those that have written about it – thanks for all the good comments. I am glad I got you to laugh. The original fanzine [Rasslin Riot] probably had more comedy in one issue than the site for the last 6 months.

----As you probably noticed we have not had a “RassleTalk” segment the last two Fridays. My bad for not posting anything, but Axeman wrote “I regret that I cannot get another segment out of what I have. There is simply too much background noise to get anything of substance off the rest of the tape. I have done all I can to filter out the noise, but it's just no use. I am sorry.” I do plan to wrap up the interview with a few things that Jason Koresh and I commented on via myspace.com. I will post that sometime this week.

----Next Friday on December 8, 2006, I will start the countdown to the first annual RassleRiot Awards. I will give out at least 11 major awards voted on by the visitors of this site and a few fandom awards also. I also will be posting a “Yearbook” on January 14th, 2007 weekend with all the winners along with the top 10 grossing shows, and few other things.

----The parody feature had a stab at Starr/Psycho at the current controversy that came out of the LAW Thanksgiving show. Is that all that Kelly Warner is good for or what?? The Psycho’s match was supposed to be hardcore [vs Big Steve – no show] and then with Starr/Tatt2 coming in late, everything was thrown together as a 3 Way Dance. As I wrote in the Arena Report of the show, the match was bad. Starr had a few comments on his site.

----I am working final details for the release of the first rasslinriotonline.com DVD release of Seth Knight. If all goes well, we will be releasing in on December 12, 2006 and it will be available on this site for purchase. I have also been contacted by 3 or 4 more guys, so hopefully 2007 will be a good year for DVD releases.