Friday, December 22, 2006

RassleRiot Awards 2006 Race

----I would like to thank my committee from last week. I had a response of over 90%, which surprised me, but thanks a lot. And for those that did not read this last week, here is how this is going to work. I will be sending out e-mails to a committee of workers/promoters/writers from this area each week. They will be asked to nominate 5 candidates in each category. They can not nominate themselves. I will narrow it down to 3 candidates per category. Starting on January 1st to midnight on January 10th will be “10 TO VOTE” where all 14 categories – each with 3 candidates - will be presented on one page where everyone will be able to vote. January 14th will be considered the site’s SUPER SUNDAY as I will release all the winners along with a “Yearbook” of facts & figures of 2006 from this area.

----This is the final week of nominating. Next Friday I will revealing all the nominees and voting will start on January 1, 2007.


--Promotion of the Year – What promotion along with promoter was the best this year in promoting, drawing crowds and paying the guys??

--Rookie of the Year – This person either a manager, wrestler, promoter, booker or announcer debut sometime in the year 2006 in this area. This person is eligible only if they have worked at least 26 dates this year. If they have not worked at least that many dates, then I would consider them a rookie next year.

--Ref of the Year – The third man in the ring. The enforcer. The bumpmeister. Who was the best ref in this area this year??

Fandom Awards

--Wrestling Site of the Year – Who has the best wrestling site in this area?? Everyone is eligible as in fan sites, personal worker web pages, myspace.com sites and news sites. Everyone BUT WWW.RASSLINRIOTONLINE.COM!!! Because this site is giving out the awards, I felt it would be silly to be nominated.

--Columnist of the year – Who is the guy/gal that you love reading the most?? Everyone is eligible for this award, even columnists that do stories on my site. I am not eligible – see above.