Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cannon on Mo/Dustin Starr and Wrestling In General

----Something before I get into this letter from Cannon that I want to point out that I think has been lost in all these letters. Jeff McDonald contacted Dustin Starr FIRST. They talked about an amount. McDonald was happy with giving Starr that amount. Then, Mo decided that he did not think Starr was worth that amount and wanted Starr to prove he was worth that. That is the main point I made when all this discussion started and it still remains. And, some comments make it out as Starr is the bad guy for asking for a certain amount, but it was more like McDonald felt he should add someone to his roster and he was going to pay that amount.

----Loose Cannon sent in his two cents worth and it is a good read. Cannon is a guy that works almost every weekend. Whether you like his work or not, he does have the experience of POs and such.


Ok there been a lot take bout guarantees for coming in on a show. I've even went as far as posting a story on my website under my Cannon's Final Word Uncensored recently. Now as far guarantees there’s none in the wrestling business. If you think there is then you are certainly dumb as a box full of rocks.

This thing with Dustin Starr is he worth paying?? Well maybe so, but I tend to agree with others. First I wanna see if he can draw 1st then pay him what he wanted. Now I am not the owner or booker in which I have respect for both of them. But that’s their call it’s their show not mine. I wanna point something out like my colleague Tank did - the NBW show drew around 100 fans a week without no names just your bread and butter workers who's been with the company since day one that to me shows a lot.

If your own workers can't toat a show then why bring in a outsider. A new worker and pay him more that’s the main point. I am making the have the longest drive. I live in NE Arkansas and I told the owner I wasn't going to take advantage of him. I would come in off the door plain and simple why should I demand something more when its not there.

But if I am coming the longest, then I should at least get gas, but if its not there I am not going to bitch about it. Plus I did a lot of things the other night. I did 2 run ins plus I got my ass blistered by a bunch of swing belts from the fans. I did a match and I still got the same p/o and that’s the only way I want it because I will not take advantage of the promotion period. Why should I? It makes no sense what so ever.

Not saying Dustin Starr doesn't deserve the money but why should others suffer or get heat over it. The owner, he has the final call - it’s his money. I like Tank have been on TV off and on for years. I worked some WWE house shows [mostly with developmental guys] so I been there done that too. Like Tank they will say “Cannon you are fat ass you well never go no-where.” Well I know that before you even opened your damn mouths its better than being that than a never was.

My point is the guys are who make the company. There is not an outside faction that is going to make a difference. They prove that a week or so ago and plus NBW has been drawing a steady of a crowd long before me. There are a wrestling company that has a chance to make something outta themselves regardless of names regardless if you been on TV.

In closing I love this sport. It’s not a way to make a living it is passion. It is living a dream for me. Whether you getting into it to get in the big leagues or just a small group it makes me happy to entertain the crowd. I may suck to a lot of the workers out there but the fans judge me not the wrestlers until they tell me Cannon hang them boots up. I will go as long as I can even for off the door that’s who pays me the fans and they give me a bonus ever time I hear a boo that to me is priceless not money in a envelope.