Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Other Side of The Story - Jerry Lawler

----I had posted that Lawler's match was a letdown the other night at the show. I also in my originally report being given a [***1/2] for his bout with Dirty Little Dave. I had a fan write the following below and it does seem that Lawler may have went beyond the call of duty. I have been told that Lawler is very excitied about being in the WWE Hall of Fame and he may be mellowing out a bit.

As far as Lawler being a let down, I just don’t see how that’s possible. He appeared on the show twice. He spent the entire intermission at his table selling gimmicks and talking to people. He and Dave had a classic “Lawler-style” match that the crowd ate up. And after the show I personally witnessed him stand by the front door and talk to everyone that walked by. He was at the front door until everyone was gone! The only people that were left were the ring crew, some of the talent, and the guys with the Armory. I was more than impressed with how much he made himself available to the people. A lot of guys would just go to the table to collect the gimmick money, and then bail.

I just know how happy he was to be at the show. He was thrilled with the turnout, and he really did do an exceptional job with the people! A lot of guys in his position, and even in positions much less important, wouldn’t do what he did. I have friends that were leaving, and he actually stopped them to talk! Guys like Lawler get a lot of shit, and people normally don’t go out of there way to talk about the good things people at his level do.

He wanted to make sure everyone left happy, regardless of whether they bought something from him or not! I heard lots of people say, “man, Lawler’s such a nice guy!” When Lawler was interviewed by Brandon Baxter on KISS FM last week, he said that if people wanted to meet “the King,” they’d have the chance…and after seeing how well he handled the situation, I don’t see how anyone could be disappointed!