Monday, July 09, 2007

Watts vs. Hawk- The Long Awaited Interviews by Gene Jackson

I haven't posted anything in several days as I haven't really had a chance to sit and write some of the articles I have in mind but I thought I would touch on a couple of topics that have caught my interest in the past week or so.

BRODY HAWK VS. TONY WATTS- The Great XOW Debate

Now let me lead off by saying I have no real knowledge of this situation other than what I've read here and other places and the couple of people I've spoke to on the phone that had limited knowledge and I withheld having any kind of opinion til after I read the long awaited Axeman interviews. Now I've only met Tony Watts once when I worked a show for XOW a couple of years ago and he was nice to me, so I have nothing personal against him. Brody I've known a little longer and have always gotten along with and treated me very well when I worked for him. So going mostly with the interviews, I have to kinda lean towards Brody cause he seemed to make a lot more sense and certainly showed a lot more class in his handling of this situation. While I cuss as much as the next guy (possibly more) Watts came off very low brow in his interview and the way he lashed out at certain questions seemed to show there was some truth to what was being said about him and his family. Also, the fact when questioned about certain things his wife did or didn't do and all he could say is "I don't know", so you mean you and your wife never discussed any of this, everyone on the local message board is talking about it but it just never came up amongst yourselves?? Anyways, again I'm not there I don't know the details but I do know that if you go by what they chose to put out there (the interviews) Watts did not come out of it looking very good, I also thought it was pretty tacky to call into question whether or not Cynthia Jones has cancer or not or whether or not she got the money, if you weren't there to see the money taken by someone else who are you to question it? I'm sure this will get me cussed and called a "no good son of a bitch" and whatever else and hey it won't be the first time. It just bothers me that guys like Tony Watts and that Dudley Williams can throw up a ring and buy a license and call themselves 'rasslin' promoters. Nothing against the two guys personally but what the hell do they know about the wrestling business that qualifies them to run a show? That's why wrestling is in the shape it's in over there now cause all the bullshit shows that go on over there ruin it for the handful of decent ones that are left. Like that ICW show that J.D. McKay works in Mathison, MS, I've never seen it one time but just by the fact they let that jack off Trainwreck work (I use that term loosely) the show that tells me all I need to know about it. (Plus this jewell of a line at the end of the last report, "These guys are giving the people their $5 worth each and every week.") Do they mean the $5 the wrestlers got paid or the $5 the fans paid to get in? Either way I doubt it's true. Trainwreck is the same asshole that tried to do a shoot run in at another show recently, he's a complete and total mark with little to no training yet he's able to go and work in front of people who actually had to pay to see him. Anyway, enough about that.

Real Pro Wrestling

So from the ashes of XOW....or XWO or OWX or whatever will come Real Pro Wrestling a show ran by Brody and Studd. Now I think the show has a lot of potential and both are good at booking but I'm not sure Ecru, Mississippi is the target market for what they have in mind or at least the concept that's been presented so far.. Hell, maybe it is I haven't been to Ecru since the IWF Volunteer Fire Department days but I'm not sure that this whole concept is gonna fly, don't get me wrong I really hope it does and I wish them the best of luck but it may need to happen in another area, we'll see in August.


Memphis Wrestling

Wow, what can you say about Memphis Wrestling right now...........the less said the better, let's leave it at that.