Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Site News - DK Story, Site Focus, RRO Text Messages, Discussion Board and AdSense

----So, how many people did I fool with the “Cryme Time 2” story?? Well, it looks like a lot. LOL When I posted that DK was on RAW I got a few IMs that said, “You know that is not Derrick; right??” LOL Then, even today I had someone say, “What was that with Derrick??” I guess this site has an evolved into something totally different that no one actually got the joke. I think it actually turned a bit more serious when I did start covering the Benoit story and then there has been story after story mainly me talking steroids or just serious stuff. I love writing comedy, but I am usually not “on” enough to do it on a regular basis. I actually have only written three pieces since the start of this site and in the original zine RASSLIN RIOT, comedy was a main focus of the newsletter. I have decided after advice from a friend, that from this point on stories like that will be called “The Lighter Side of Riot” and will have disclaimer on them, so I will not fool so many people. The DK story has been tagged for those just joining us.

----I am really not sure what this site will eventually become, but I am enjoying doing it the way we are doing it right now. The main focus is still the Memphis area, even though I have tried to integrate news from Alabama and Florida, it has not happened much. The logo again will be changing, because I and the writers seem to be happy with the direction it is going in. It is sort of the quirky little dirt sheet site that covers the Memphis area and other GOOD STUFF. I am at the point that I think I could not just cover Memphis and actually keep a readership, but I don’t need to do RAW reports and such.

----For those that have subscribed to the text messages – all I can say is THANKS!! The response was more than I expected. There is NO CHARGE to you, but your carrier text charge. By entering your phone number, it DOES NOT record it and the site does not sell it to others. That is personal information that ONLY I see. If you do not want to put your phone number in some site widget, then send a text message with SUBSCRIBE RASSLINRIOT to 41411 whenever you want, and you'll automatically get a message back right away with the latest information!

----The death is near for the Discussion Board. When I started the new Kayfabe Board just last week, I wonder if the site could actually support both boards. Everything that is being discussed is over at the Kayfabe Board and it seems that not only am I enjoying the board, but I have a BUNCH of regulars that are either participating or reading. The Discussion Board will be removed from the site in the next few days and just a Message Board link will be present to the Kayfabe Board. There are actually a few things that I will take off the discussion board and add to the Kayfabe Board, so we can talk about them on it. Thanks again to everyone that went for the change and it has been successful with just a few bad apples.

----I have also added AdSense banners after every post. They are just small ads that you can click if you want. They are targets towards “stuff” that hopefully some of the readers will be interested in.