Friday, August 31, 2007

Steroid News: The Rock Talks About The Story

----As we had stated that two more names will be revealed today or at least suspended, but nothing has come of it. Dave Meltzer reports on his web site, "Judging from the WWE web site, the key name still listed in the front is Batista."

----Meltzer is also reporting that Alex Marvez has an interview with Dwayne Johnson on the WWE drug suspensions up at http://www.foxsports.com/ [I could not find it??]

"Clearly, there has to be an aggressive educational program put in place," he said. "These guys have to be armed with the knowledge and understanding of how bad these drugs are and the dangers of mixing these drugs with the lifestyle they lead." Johnson said he used steroids entering his freshman year at the University of Miami, but not as a pro wrestler. "When I got into the wrestling business, I never cared about being the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the most entertaining." He also talks about his reaction to Chris Benoit.

----Is it just me?? I think The Rock was on the juice during part of his WWE career. I say that because I remember talking to his dad, Rocky Johnson, after seeing The Rock on an awards show and saying to Rocky, "Dwayne looks small, but in great shape." And Rocky's response, "He don't have to be so big in the movies."

----A quick side note on the above, before I get blasted for NOT knowing The Rock and calling him Dwayne. I have had dealings only with his dad Rocky, who actually married a friend of mine from Steele, MO. If you do not call The Rock either "Dwanye or Dewey" when talking to Rocky, then either he pretends not hear you or he ignores you. In his mind, The Rock is Dwanye and he [Rocky Johnson] is "Rock". LOL