Monday, August 20, 2007

What the f*** ??? by Gene Jackson

I've tried avoiding this subject for a couple of weeks now hoping everyone would pull their head out of there ass and leave things be but apparently that's not the case, so read this well cause this is the ONLY TIME I plan to address it, period.

Let me preface this tirade by saying I like Jimmy and Tia, I like D-Rock, David Burcham, Cannon, all of them. I wrote for their website for a long time and I was glad they let me, and I consider Jimmy and Tia friends and I hope they don't take this the wrong way cause it's not directed at them personally....however. So a few weeks ago they revamped hollywoodjimmy.com, which was good they went all out, they changed the background on the message board, they got a fucking monkey writing for them, David Burham did his yearly update, it was magical. They added a newscenter. That was fine too, seemed a bit odd for someone's personal website, but whatever that's their business no skin off anyone's back. Then all of sudden everyone tries to turn it into some kind of a competition. People are debating "who broke the story first" and dumb pointless shit like that. Somebody on there claimed earlier this week they "broke the story that Dewey Robertson had cancer", like that hadn't been floating around the net for days. Well that was fine whatever, but here's what broke it for me and apparently I gathered that it did for Brian too. You've got Axeman posting results that he clearly got from rasslinriot (which is fine by the way) but he lists the credit as (credit: that other site or another site or some shit I don't remember it's 1:30 am right now) point being that he was trying to be a dick about it. Now I've usually gotten along with Axeman in the past other than the couple of times God forbid I criticized something he did then he'd get all pissy. (I thought he'd never get over the whole "cut and paste" thing) So, he takes this shot at Brian's site (which he was a contributor to, by the way) and then all of a sudden when Brian dares to say anything about it, the "marks" on Jimmy's board go apeshit and say "bt is taking shots at hollywoodjimmy.com" and on and on and on but nothing was said by anyone on this site about them til everyone started in and started trying to make this out to be some kind of competition. Then Axeman acts shocked his name was taken off the site as a contributor. Now Axeman is all arrogant in his column like he's the fuckin' wrestling news pimp or something, cause he can go read stories on other sites and post them at the newscenter, read these excerpts from one of his recent columns:

The opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Hollywood Jimmy Blaylock, the Webmaster, or anyone else connected with this site. They are mine, and mine alone. If you agree with me, OK, and if you don’t, that’s OK. The fact is, when Axeman speaks, everybody listens, and if you don’t like it, you can kiss the posterior part of my anatomy. Live with it.

Ok, whatever. Here's more:

From time to time I add something to this column that has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling. This is one of those tomes. You see, this is my blog, and I can post anything here that I want to, and YOU, dear readers, will read it, even if only out of curiosity. And besides, if David Burcham can talk about topics that are not wrestling related, so can I.

Maybe it's just me but he comes off like an arrogant prick here. I've always just tried to overlook a lot of his bullshit since I wrote for Jimmy's website but now I have no reason to so let's just lay it all out on the table shall we? What exactly are your credentials to so arrogantly talk about things like wrestling? The fact that you CLAIM you wrestled for the Von Erichs in World Class back in the day but have NEVER ONCE been able to show one shred of evidence that there's ANY truth to that whatsoever and whenever people bring it up you just avoid the topic til it goes away. Is it the fact that you took that bullshit premise that you USED to wrestle back in the day and bullshitted your way into the inner sanctum of local wrestling in that area and somehow went from sitting in the crowd buying a ticket to local shows to suddenly being the resident "expert" on the subject, even though most of your critiques of matches are way off base from someone who is an "old school" wrestler from back in the day. You told Brian, if he "wanted heat, that was fine" well I hope you meant it, cause you fucking have it now. I really don't know what making things bitter and turning things into some sort of battle accomplishes but I guess we'll see. I can't wait to see what sort of picture "the exclusive" will post of me, oh the hilarity. To all the nameless pieces of shit who post things on that message board that will trash me over the next few days (and I'm not stupid, I know the deal on that too) to quote Axeman, " you can kiss the posterior part of my anatomy".


Gene Jackson
Writer from "that other site"