Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Coach's Corner" By Brian Tramel

----My favorite worker right now is Awesome Kong. For those that have not seen this lady, she reminds me of the old days of Dump, Aja Kong and Bull Nakano. TNA is pushing her as this big killer who takes not shit. Her mannerisms and moves seem to be right on the money. This is my kind of woman!! Why did she not get a job with WWE instead?? It makes you wonder; doesn’t it?? If she isn’t under contract, then TNA better get her or Vince will be all over that. Oh yea, for the clothing malfunction she had – aka her big boobs popped out!! Why was everyone wishing it had been one of the other women?? What’ca you guys got against big women with big boobs??

----TNA does get a lot of grief from a lot of writers. I have even given them hell in the past, but did you see the Christian Cage vs Samoa Joe match?? Cage is overlooked by many, but he was one of the better workers in the business. Joe is not too shabby either. Their match featured great old school psychology with some added new school stuff. It had to be one of the best matches on TV I have seen this year. They did some screw jobbing in the end that they did not need to do, but overall a real good match. For those young guys that read this every day – go back a watch that bout – these guys are working their asses off.

----I got one thing to say to Dixie Carter and TNA, if they ever want to compete. Get rid of Vince Russo and hire Paul Heyman. If the net rumors are true, then Heyman does not work for WWE anymore. If you don’t want to hire Heyman, then hire a real wrestling person to run the show – Jim Cornette. Why waste him in just an on air role, when this guy has one of the best wrestling minds in the business?? I think the very same thing every time I watch TNA!!!

----You know I look at the work of the Major Brothers and Deuce/Domino and it makes me wonder why other people do not get the breaks or called up?? I think the Major Brothers are decent workers and I love the Deuce/Domino gimmick, but isn’t a team like “Hot Topic” [Derrick King/Stan Lee] as good or better than these guys?? Then you got a guy like Flash Flanagan that should be under contract doing something. If he was not wrestling, he would be great as an agent or trainer. Oh yea, how the hell did Drew McIntyre get a job so quick?? Did he even go to developmental??

----You know I give Dustin Starr hell sometimes and he can be as cocky as his character, but you got to give him props on the following. Starr’s wrestling blog can now be read on CommercialAppeal.com. Everyone in the area should know the Commercial Appeal is THE top paper in the Memphis and surrounding area. I have been told the website gets 8 million page views per month!! Why am I putting him over?? Because, unlike a lot of guys in this area, Starr has gotten off his ass to do something to not only promote himself, but wrestling in this area. So, Dustin when you going to interview me for the blog, so I can put over my site?? LOL CLICK HERE to check out his blog.

----It’s been short and sweet for this edition of “Coach’s Corner.” Please join me again on Monday for another one.