Saturday, October 06, 2007

"Coach's Corner - Saturday Night Edition" by Brian Tramel

----I have seen this on a few message boards and it was brought up on the RRO message board, so I wanted to clear some things up. For those that think I make tons of money off this site, then you are mistaken. I do not intend on posting on this site my monthly total or such, but if you are willing to call me or shoot me an e-mail I will let you know. I bought my domain and space for my site. I make VERY little off the hits on the sites. The way to make money with the hits is that you have to get the visitors to click thru to the ads and that does not happen. It is funny how it is mentioned that I make money off the wrestlers. That is an old bullshit attitude that I or any other reporter would owe any of the wrestlers in this area money for covering their business. I would love to make money sitting at home covering this area, but I have not found a way to do it yet. If you know, then drop me a line!! If you would combine the hours of labor I put into this site x the money I have made, then you are looking at less than 50 cents a hour. Now who is the idiot?? The wrestlers/visitors of this site or me?? I do this because I love the business and this is the area that I grew up watching. This is the area that I worked in. And, yes, I do try to cover the workers in this area and give them the credit they deserve. Before my site, there was either none or very little coverage of this area on a weekly basis. Whether you think it or not, every wrestler in this area is important to me – from Leroy Hambone to Derrick King to Dell Tucker to Jon Michael – everyone!!

----Tommy Dreamer recently started wearing a bandana and it seems it was all because he is going bald. Is it to cover the spot?? Nah, because Dreamer recently had a cosmetic surgery where they take the skin of your head and move it together, so that the “spot” in the middle of his head disappears. So, why is he not showing it off ?? Well, it seems that when he was going thru this process he met some kid that was going thru treatments and was wearing a bandana also. So, in the process of probably feeling like crap, because he was doing something cosmetic, when this kid could do nothing about his baldness, Dreamer has adopted the bandana as salute to all the kids that have illness that makes them lose their hair.

----CM Punk had words with WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas at the OVW TV tapings this past Wednesday night. Punk was there working a dark match tagging with Seth Skyfire/Colt Cabana/Joey Matthews vs KC James/Paul Burchill/Sean Spears/Mike Kruel, which was said to have been the best bout of the night. Did that matter to Atlas?? No way. Atlas stopped Punk backstage to let him know that his hands all taped up was not the “look” that Vince wanted and ask him to remove the tape. Punk either thought it was a rib or thought “what the hell is this guy smoking?” He left the tape on and then later Atlas singled him out in a dressing room speech about people having attitude. Punk spoke up for himself and ask Atlas if even watched TV and even knew who he was?? The answer to that question Punk already knew was NO. Please do not tell me that Vince has hired Atlas to help with developmental?? If he did watch TV and knew who Punk was, then he would have not been saying anything to him. That is part of his freakin gimmick!! I am usually all about the old timer and their advice, but if you do not know the product, then keep your fat nose out of it. And, furthermore I don’t get it!! Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko are road agents, but Tony Atlas?? All he could do is teach you how to blow all your money on drugs and bring a bunch of damn Cub Scouts in the ring with you to get you over like he use to do on Georgia Championship Wrestling.

----Various sites have been reporting that Dusty Rhodes has written the complete Kelly Kelly/Ball Mahoney storyline. He presented it to Vince McMahon with a start, middle and finish, which is unlike the way most storylines are written in this business. Some of you may not know this or remember this, but Dusty Rhodes at one time was the #2 guy with power in the business when he booked for Jim Crockett and WCW. He was highly criticized for pushing himself and even became infamous for the screwjob “Dusty” finish. This angle also has Dusty written all over it – fat ugly guy gets pretty girl. Sound familiar?? Dusty always believed in the underdog getting the title and the girl. It worked for him for many years. I remember being told in the day that a lot of that was for shoot. Dusty would align himself with the most over babyfaces or better looking babyfaces, so when they would hang out after the shows, then he would get the better pick of the rats also.