Thursday, December 06, 2007

Flashback - September 25, 2004

---- In the dressing rooms during “Thanksgiving Throwdown” series, some of us were talking about match ratings and if I had ever given a [*****] to a match. When starting this site, I adopted the Dave Meltzer star system and stated that that this bout was one of the few [*****] matches that I have seen in this area. This match is actually featured on the RRO DVD release “The Golden Boy” Greg Anthony “As Good As Gold” along with a few of the angles leading up to it. [shameless plug] I will spend another FLASHBACK sometime in the future and a give a full background on the star system.

----This match was the finish of a feud between TGB and Christian Jacobs, which involved twists and turns that were very creative and fun to do. It was a storyline based on real life as CJ was getting married and I was getting divorced. TGB pitched the idea to me and at the time [no one knew this] I was weighing the possibility of doing this angle or doing the site. I should have started the site then!! LOL Not because of anything those two guys did, but as I have stated before, I was a bit “off my game” during that feud. I think I have only managed 5 more times since this bout, so this was leading up to the end of Coach BT. Notice also that the ref for the night is RRO Manager of the Year 2006 Rashard Devon. I am not going to spoil it for you guys, but when they go up “high”, Rashard and I were not aware they were going to do that and were scared shitless.