Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Need Feedback for Cheap Heat Radio

First off, a very sincere "thank you" to anyone who listens to Cheap Heat Radio. Whether you've listened once, every week, or just when someone you like is on it is appreciated. The show has been far more successful than I imagined it would be, the numbers have gotten better and better and I really do get a lot of email from people who like the show and it means a lot when people take the time to send me emails and myspace messages to tell me that.

Now, here's the thing. I would like some more feedback, honest feedback. I wanna know what you like, what you don't like, what I need more of, and what I need less of. Just looking for honest opinions, good or bad. You can email them to me or you can post it on the RRO or Mid Southern Message board (I don't care about any of the bullshit posted over at the "bathroom wall") but I'd really like to know what direction to take the show in. The main reason I'm posting this is because the show has been going in a different direction than what I originally intended. When I started it I didn't intend to just do straight interviews with a particular guest every week, I wanted to do that semi-regularly with the other shows being discussions of different topics concerning wrestlers and wrestling fans in the southeast. (notice, I didn't just say 'Memphis area' but the southeast, I have a lot of listeners in the Alabama and Mississippi area who have been emailing me saying they like the show but there's too much focus on the Memphis area, and that tends to be true). Two of my favorite shows I've done, and what I want to do more of are shows like the "New School vs. Old School" show, and the recent "IWA Deep South Discussion" show w/ Smooth, Insane Lane, and Freak Show. Now, don't get me wrong, I like doing the interview shows and those get the most downloads it seems but I think people will get burnt out listening to one person's opinion about things week in and week out. I think it would be better to maybe do two interviews a month, and the other two shows be discussion of wrestling topics with guests I book as well as listeners and workers calling in with their opinions on that subject. These shows are tricky though cause the first one we did, and some of the ones I hear on other people's shows can turn into a clusterfuck of people talking over each other and it can be hard to tell who is saying what and when. So this is where I need everyone's help. Am I right to go with that, or do you want me to keep with the regular interviews. Here's the other thing, what topics would you like to hear discussed, please send in your ideas or post them on the message board. I have some in mind but I want the show to be what folks wanna hear, I do this to entertain everyone who listens, not myself so I'd love to know what you'd like to hear discussed or what you'd like to discuss. You don't have to be a "worker" to be on the show, if your a fan who is passionate about the business and want to get on and talk, contact me and we'll see what we can come up with.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this, to contact me about any of the topics above, my email address is genejackson@charter.net or the myspace page for the show is www.mypace.com/genejackson95

Any changes I make will be after the current schedule is complete which is as follows:

Feb. 25- 10am- Guest: United Wrestling League's Michael St. John

Mar. 3- 10am- Guest: "Fabulous" Chris Rocker

Mar. 7- 10am- Guest: Bull Buchanan

Mar. 10- 10am- Guest: "Above Average" Mike Sanders

Mar. 17- 10am- Guest: Scott Bowden

Also, if you haven't yet check out Cheap Heat Radio's most downloaded show ever with Randy Hales, and check out Part 2 coming soon.