Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Remembering "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

I know it's a day late and I did mention it during the interview last night but I wanted to point out to anyone who didn't realize it that yesterday (Feb. 18th) was the 13th Anniversary of the passing of a Legend, "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert. So I thought today it would be nice to post a few videos to reflect back on one of the greatest heels in the history of wrestling. Check these out. GENE


One of his last USWA promos in 1994, "I am the USWA"




Eddie's last match ever in Memphis June 1994...taking on Jerry Lawler




The infamous Flag angle from Bill Watt's UWF (another variation on Gilbert's favorite angle that he used numerous times throughout his career. Played to perfection here.




Any worker out there that wants to learn how to be a heel, go to youtube and search for "Eddie Gilbert, there's plenty to check out.