Tuesday, May 06, 2008

RassleResults: JWS Booneville, MS 5.03.08

Jay Webster defeated Damion Rage w/Dustin Burcham.
.
JWS Cruiserweight Champion Cassanova Kid defeated LSD to retain. After the match Jay Webster attacked Dustin Burcham and injured his neck. Burcham was taken to the hospital.
.
Bonecrusher & Blade defeated 24/7 (Kross & JR Mauler).
.
PHAT Foundation (Justin Rhodes, Chris Fontaine, & "Dangerous" David Cox) defeated Dalton Storm, BJ Fuller, & Chris Stevens.
.
Main event was a bed of nails match between Slammer & Danny Morris. If Slammer wins, Danny Morris leaves JWS for 90 days. If Morris wins, Slammer leaves for 90 days and gets his head shaved. Now, I have seen all kinds of hardcore matches... I have seen thumb tacks used, broken glass, barbed wire... I have seen people put through tables, plate glass, mirrors... I have seen people set on fire... I have seen people thrown head first into a pile of fluorescent light tubes... I have seen everything you can think of used in the ring, including a kitchen sink... But I had never, until this past Saturday night, seen two guys in the ring tearing each other up with a 2 ft. x 4 ft. piece of plywood with a couple hundred nails sticking out of it about 1 inch. They also used other stuff, including a sledge hammer and a concrete block. This was a different twist to hardcore. Frankly, I think these guys are absolutely, freakin', undeniably CRAZY. The match was won by pin fall by Slammer. Danny Morris has to leave JWS for 90 days. I am pretty sure a couple of guys will feel the effects of that match for many days to come.
.
Approx 50 in the crowd.