Friday, May 30, 2008

Stan Lane Sends In A Letter To RRO!!


----Stan Lane, wrestling legend as part of the "Fabulous Ones" and the "Midnight Express" teams, sent the following just a few moments ago. He was upset at the stuff that Larry Goodman reported here and various other places. I thought the best thing to do was just post the letter.

Brian,

Sal gave me your email address. I want to set the record straight on this promoter guy from South Carolina. First of all, anyone who knows me is aware that I retired from in ring work years ago. The last show I worked was for Sal and only because hes my friend and I was compensated handsomely. This Holder guy called my cell phone twice and left messages wanting me to work some shows for him. I NEVER even returned his calls. We never spoke! Him saying otherwise is a blatant lie. When I was made aware he was advertising me I asked Sal to handle it because I'm completely out of the loop and don't need the aggravation. Holder told Sal he would remove my name, but in fact only took me off the Friday show advertising, not Saturday, on the Gateway website. Sal said Holder really wanted me to work his show that weekend and would pay me $500 per night in advance if I would. I declined immediately, not only because I'm retired, but because I wouldn't work for someone who falsely advertised me in the first place. Please make this statement known to your readers. I appreciate your help.

Stan Lane