Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weekend Update: NBW, RWA gimmicks and Chief Kenny Feathers

----Inside the dressing room: It was a fun time in the NBW dressing room this weekend. I got to bs with guys I have known for over 15 years in the business to guys that just come up to me and introduce themselves. I had a few nice talks with Tony Watts – believe us folks – there is no heat!! Also had a great 30+ minute conversation with Jason Reed. I also heard thru the grapevine that a few people were saying that Chris Masters was “late” and was acting like he was more important than everyone else. #1: He was not late, as he was eating with the promoter and #2: I thought he was super nice. The first thing he did when he got to the dressing room is walk around and shake everyone’s hand. Thanks to all cast and crew for their respect and just a fun time.

----“Natural Born Players” are Southside Brawler and Pimptacular. Loose Cannon is now dong a new gimmick calling himself “Classy Meltin Massy”. Cannon has his hair dyed blonde with a pink shirt and checker shorts. “Treat” is now using his shoot name – Rik Burton [spelled that way] and it is the first time in 14 years he has used that name.

----Police Chief Kenny Feathers had an aneurysm and it blew. He had no idea he had one. He always wrestles on the local charity events. According to Fox13 Jeff Myles put on the event as a fundraiser for a local Union University student who lost everything in tornadoes back in February. I was also told that the “Blackbirds” [Iceman/Jazz] were involved in promoting the show. Apparently on the same card Jerry Fuller was rushed to hospital with blocked arteries of the heart after he collapsed in the dressing room. TIWF’s Lawman Williams had this to say about Feathers.

“I have known Chief Feathers for many years outside the wrestling biz. When I first started working for Brownsville PD back in 1989, Chief Feathers was working the K-9 at the Haywood County scales on I-40. He is a professional in every since of the word, and is my friend. He has always enjoyed wrestling, and has been working for several years on the local Indy benefit shows."