Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Coach Corner "You Say, I Say 2008 Edition"

----The opening pages of Yearbook 2007 has a discussion that was started by Sir Mo along with others with their opinions. I then went along and gave my opinions on various things. Here is the 2008 version with the whole “Shooting the Shiznit” controversy. First let me comment on stuff that Jimmy Blaylock said in his column about this situation.

“question was WHY COULDN'T HE HAD PUSH THE OTHER TALENT WHO WORKED THE SHOW FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS... I guess Derrick King didn’t UNDERSTAND what I posted...but of course he jumped to his own conclusion as the rest of the guest did on that radio show”

----I never seen where Jimmy personally questioned this?? Was it under one of those aliases?? The question should not have even been asked; because even RWA Frank Martin was happy with the push the radio station gave his product. And, my point was and still is – if I had been on the show – knowing it was going to draw that many people – I would have cared less if my name was on the radio or not. Also, think about it – it is a radio show not a wrestling TV show.

Brandon Baxter "Is The Man"..don’t care if he ever says your name on the air" That’s fine with you BT but it wasn’t fine with most of the other workers who actually worked the show when I was there....What could it have hurt to push the other talent working on the show?? WHY?? You talking about blowing something out of proportion, it happened on that radio show.....

----This really goes to show me and others that to most of the workers in this area it is all about the ME factor and not the WHOLE SHOW factor. Jimmy was part of the show last year and must have felt slighted at either not being mentioned or not being on the show this year.

BT should be ashamed of getting ONE Side of the story....talking about what I posted and not asking me to be on the show ...(sigh)......I could care less if you get your panties in a wad asking such a simple question and all of you guys blowing in out of proportion for over an hour on that radio show....

----So all of this is clear. If everyone will go back and look at the post I made last week about the show it was a “Free-for-all” and anyone was asked to call in if they wanted to call in. None of this was predetermined or worked. There was never a format laid out for all this to happen. In reality, I had sent Brian an e-mail about various things and it mainly just said, “talk about weekend shows”. I actually texted Derrick King a couple of days before the show, but did not expect him to call in because he had forgot the last couple of times we had planned. I also talked with Frank Martin about coming on the show, but he did come on. Loose Cannon had contacted me earlier in the week that he thought about calling in – I told him to call as we were doing a “Free-For-All”. I had also texted Brandon Baxter, but did not expect him to call, but offered it. Hales had e-mailed that letter that I read about 15 minutes before the show started to air and I e-mailed him back to tell him to give us a call if you want. [I didn’t expect him to and he told me afterwards he really didn’t plan to call. ] None of this was “planned” – it just happened. When Cannon came on trying to babyface, then I got a little hot under the collar and then it all went from there. I never invited Blaylock, because…well it was not a show about him, because he was not on the event. But, he like everyone had the chance to call in.

You people just blew everything out of the water. That really shows you how unprofessional you people can be.

----Unprofessional?? What is unprofessional is how that message board is open for anyone to anything about anybody. Horrible. I also find it very unprofessional that many people who might support me or work for my site [including myself] have been ban from the message board or had things removed. There were even some people that Blaylock removed from his myspace because they are considered my friends. And you accuse me of getting my panties in a wad??

----I do not plan to exclude mention of Jimmy Blaylock or his web site. I don’t plan to try to ban people from my board that would say something good about Jimmy. I will not ask my columnists and reporters to not include items they might find of interest from that site. I also, because I know there are many that read this site that don’t read his site, will continue to post the local results that his site provides that I do not have access to such as TFW, All Pro, EWP and ICWF.

Now to the trolls…..

Hey Hollywood, You find out who your true friends are one way or another. Brian giggles like a little girl when he 's reading that message. He claim to be your friend, he never was your friend,
Kenny, MS

----I never noticed that I laughed like a little girl, but so be it I guess. LOL I read that message from Randy Hales and thought it was funny. I thought it was ironic that a guy that has not been around wrestling in a long time could go on that message board and find out what kind of trash that is on it. I am not sure Randy’s hatred was really directed mainly towards Blaylock [he would have to answer that] – I think it was towards the message board. And how can you tell by just the way I am reading it whether I am friends with Jimmy or not?? That is funny. Friends is a big word to use – Jimmy and I have always been cordial and any hard feelings towards Jimmy I have ever had – they have been addressed in the past. I have never claimed to be a fan of his message board.

BT is always putting down this message board calling it the bathroom wall and talking bad about it all the time. But tell everybody BT why do you come on here always advertising your pathetic little website?A
nswer This BT

----Well, this was answered [sort of] by “I Have That ?” when he said that I advertise on that message board, because I know a lot of people visit it. Plain & simple – you think companies that advertise on shows like “Family Guy” or radio shows like “Howard Stern” actually agree with everything the shows are saying?? Have you ever seen me on the message board do anything, but advertising?? Surprise!! I sign my real name to everything.

bt was gigglin like a little girl when randy hale said f hollywood f loose cannon f the website bt is a backstabber and that proves it all
pleze

----There goes that “little girl” reference again. LOL As I have said – yes – I did get pleasure out of the fact that Hales seen the message board for what it is – trouble starting shit stirring trash. Take a look at it today – more of the Huey saga with Lady Vixen. That stuff does not belong in a public forum. That is just my opinion though and Blaylock seems to like the board the way it is – so be it.

I never heard of so much ass kissing that BT did on that radio show. It made me sick to listen to it.
The Damn Truth

----Wow!! I laugh like a girl and I kiss ass. Yes that is me. Have you ever watched a TV talk show?? I mentioned this when Brian Thompson and I had finished interviewing Kevin White. I am doing nothing more than they are when they have guests that they find enjoyable. I was even accused of being too nice to Blaylock when he was on the show. The show was fun to bounce off intelligent wrestling people like Randy Hales, Brian Thompson and Derrick King. Loose Cannon was even a good edition until he started babbling about people seeing different colors and such – what was that bullshit?? LOL

BT has never been anywhere or done anything. hes always been a wannabe manager who carried a clipboard and begged folks to be on shows. he begged IWF back in the day and he begged LAW, and others and now he writes his little articles on the net cause he doesnt have what it takes to be a wrestling manager.
The Truth

----Aside from “The Truth” NEVER getting past the 3rd grade, there is some truth in what was said. #1 – I have never claimed to go anywhere or do anything. I just state what I have done – you can take for that. I never begged to be with IWF or LAW. I have explained this before on my site, but I started this web site as I way to continue to be “in” the business and spend more time with my kids. As bad of a manager that I everyone assumes I was – I could call right now and get dates almost every weekend.

Did you hear that BT even made fun of BB and Randy Hales for being together. They better watch out what they tell BT.
Did you Hear

----That was a misunderstanding on your part. I laughed because they were seen together in Popular Bluff at TNA sitting together. It was ask that it be kayfabed to me, because those guys even wanted to work me on the angle. I actually like it better that way – because then I can never see what is coming.

Most of shows was good until us fans was forced to watch the Baxter and Hales feud then from there wrestling was at it’s worst and the rating went down.
Travis Morris, Germantown

----Randy can defend himself on all of this if he feels he has to, but I would like to make a few comments on this. I was one also that believed that Hales/Baxter feud was something that I didn’t want to see and no one else did either. Some of my longtime heat with Hales was over comments made about that. I admit I was wrong. That feud drew record rating numbers [I believe one of the highest in Power Pro history] and they did four strong months of gates in Jonesboro, AR. It was a successful feud whether you or I liked it or not. During the Power Pro days they had a way of judging what was getting over and not. [and this would be a great key for Corey Maclin, because we publish the ratings here every week] – it was the ratings. They would put the ratings in quarter hours and study what was getting over and not. If it wasn’t getting over – then they canned it. If it got over – they pushed it.

Travis told the truth about Hales and Hales shouldn't have cussed nobody but himself. I rather watch Hollywood than Randy Hales anyday.
Chevy Man

----This is like comparing apples and oranges and is just a personal opinion that borders ass kissing also. Who would I vote as “Manager of the Year” right now?? Probably Jimmy Blaylock, because I consider him to be the best in this area. But, to compare Blaylock with what Hales did in the business, well there is no comparison. Hales was for many years with a successful wrestling company that on an average worked 6 shows a week. Hales’ name is imbedded in Memphis Wrestling history, just as names like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Eddie Marlin and Eddie Gilbert. Like it or not – it is the truth. It is also the truth that you probably will never see Hales or me on “Conan O’Brien” either, so good for Jimmy.

How did Hollywood get that private message? Did BT send it to Hollywood trying to stir the pot?
??

----I really hope everyone has figured that one out by now. After the radio show went off, the microphone was not turned off and it kept recording. I was talking on the phone and reading the message to someone. It was a private message, but I knew Hales would not care me sharing it with Brian Thompson. It was first reported on Trent Van Drisse’s message board and I got a call from Psycho that night about it. My first reaction was “oh shit!” and then after listening to it; I felt Hales would say exactly what I thought he would say when I called him about it – “I don’t give a shit.” I felt it was a major snafu and I was little embarrassed about it at first, but I did say it and was not going to delete it unless it offended Hales.

SECONDLY, WHAT THE HELL HAS COACH BIGTITSSUCKER EVER F'N DONE IN THE BUSINESS BESIDES STIR UP SHIT. AND BLOW RON'S HORN. LOL.
GQ MAXIM

----Now I really missed that one?? I do not remember being with Ron Horn?? You guys will have to ask Ron about that one. LOL

I do think BT is scared his website is not getting the hits it used to thanks to the Wrestling News Center so he's doing everything in his power to destroy his competition.
Worker, MS

----I do not consider the Wrestling News Center competition. Maybe so in the first few months, but then Blaylock pretty much took his whole site in a different direction. My website has continued to have visitors and no one has left to just go over to that site. It was proof when the awards nominees were so different – it made me think that the visitors of this site do GET IT. I also try to continue to change it to improve it. This site was designed to put the guys over in this area and I think it continues to accomplish the job. I will take my hard working staff of Gene Jackson, Brian Thompson, Sal Corrette, Ron Guidry, Mark James and sometimes Larry Goodman over the WNC staff any day of the week.

----I do not plan to exclude mention of Jimmy Blaylock or his web site. I don’t plan to try to ban people from my board that would say something good about Jimmy. I will not ask my columnists and reporters to not include items they might find of interest from that site. I also, because I know there are many that read this site that don’t read his site, will continue to post the local results that his site provides that I do not have access to such as TFW, All Pro, EWP, SPWA and ICWF.

----Finally, do I have heat with Blaylock?? Nah. I don’t see it that way. He and I see things differently when it comes to message boards, web sites and promoting wrestling. Although my way is the right way, I will still always hold my hand out to shake hands – that doesn’t mean that I am going to agree with everything he says or does. If the opportunity arises, then yes I would do business with him. When Blaylock is done with his tantrum, then maybe he will release the IP bans and tell his writers they can use material from my site again. All will then be ok in the land of kayfabdom.