Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Piece of my Mind-SPECIAL EDITION Nov 26th 2008-by "The Big Cheese" Sal Corrente

HULK HOGAN AND RIC FLAIR IN CHARLOTTE ON DEC 6TH 2008

I wasn’t supposed to post another blog until a week after Thanksgiving but as so often happens in life the unexpected happens. I have written about the upcoming show in Charlotte NC on Dec 6th and my role managing The Midnight Express (Eaton and Lane) vs. The Rock and Roll Express. This feud was legendary in the Carolina’s and this will more than likely be the last time that these teams meet. As everyone knows Stan Lane is retired and is not considering any events after these two. It’s like I told him lets go and have a good time one more time. He agreed and so we will be on our way in about ten days.

It’s just today that I got word that there would be even more fun than originally expected. It was already going to be a great night for me because along with Stan Lane my buddy “The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart was going to be there managing his Nasty Boys against the team of Reid and David Flair managed by their father “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. I hadn’t seen David since he appeared on the World Wrestling Legends event that I appeared on in Orlando.

On top of that I was advised that “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan would be appearing on this event as well. I understood that it was a phone call from Ric Flair to Hulk Hogan advising him of his son Reid’s pro wrestling debut. When Hulk heard about that and the fact that so many of his buddies were going to be on the show he decided why not head up to Charlotte and lets have some fun and rock the house. So Hulk Hogan has been assigned as the special guest referee for the Flair’s vs. Nasty Boys match.

Some might say why would Hulk Hogan do something like this but if you knew Hulk you would know that it is totally in his nature to do something like this. If you have been enjoying Hulk Hogan’s Celebrity Championship Wrestling on CMT you will be able to feel the electricity first hand in Charlotte when Hulk Hogan enters the arena. I can assure Hulk Hogan and everyone else it will be a special night and by far the biggest indy Wrestling night in the Carolinas since the huge show I ran in Kannapolis NC in nineteen ninety seven headlined by The Road Warriors. I had the privilege to appear on the show at The Fed Ex Forum show last year that Hulk was on and I feel lucky to once again be on the biggest Indy show of the year.

I haven’t been on a show in Charlotte in quite a few years. I am very much looking forward to the night of action. It seems the building is going to be full of legends that night. One other thing to mention is not only will both of Ric Flair’s sons be wrestling but also the son of the man Ric Flair has called his greatest opponent will be wrestling Ricky Steamboat Jr.

If you haven’t got a ticket for this one yet I wouldn’t wait one more minute.I say don’t miss this show for anything if you are a wrestling fan. You can get all the details that you need at www.highspots.com be in Charlotte on Dec 6th.

This has been a piece of my mind