Monday, February 09, 2009

RassleNotes: Yearbook 2008, "Coach's Corner", Ratings, Flashbacks, "Shooting The Shizit" and Looking For!!

----Yearbook 2008 is again uploaded to the publisher. I have been working on getting that task done for almost 3 weeks. Take in account I went 7 days without electricity, then I guess it is going ok. I have found out by an author friend Tony Loton that the publisher has been having a glitch with one of their programs, so what I have been uploading is not actual what they are seeing. I think I have that corrected and hopefully we will go full steam ahead with BOOK TOUR 2009 on 2.19 or 2.26.09 with our first stop being a “pre-tour” stop at NEW in West Memphis, AR. I will have details ASAP on ordering advance copies as soon as I have them available.

----“Coach’s Corner” returns 2.18.09 as a bi-weekly feature on Wednesdays. My work on side projects sometimes makes the site suffer, so even though I might be working on something else, I have tried to make a commitment to the site to do this column every other week. Also if there is anyone out there that would like had their “2 cents worth” every week - join us here at RRO!!

----“Ratings Man” Ron Guidry is missing in action, so I will put together the ratings from this point forth again. I will have the last three weeks worth posted by Friday and then it will return as a regular Friday morning feature.

----Mark James has left his position here at www.rronews.com doing the “Flashbacks” to spend his time offering his column on other local Memphis sites and working on books. James will still be one of our favorite people here with his site www.memphiswrestlinghistory.com and he has promised to return next year to help out with the RRO Memphis Hall of Fame. If anyone would be interested in doing a weekly “Flashback” feature, then drop me an e-mail. If we don’t get any takers, then I will take over those duties also for a regular Thursday feature.

----Tuesday, 2.24.09 is the return of “Shooting the Shiznit” @ www.rroradio.com @ 10:00 AM. This will be the new 30 minute “fast forward” format. Guests will be in “rapid fire” mode as we will waste no time in getting the points across. Each segment will have the last 5 minutes answering calls from others or I will be giving them some quick questions to fill out the show. I will be hosting this solo as Brian Thompson will be at his shoot job, but we might have him call in from time to time. Our first guest on the return show has not been finalized yet, but I will soon be adding a schedule for March. If you are interested in appearing on STS and have something to talk about, then drop me a line.

----I am also looking for full time reporters for NBW and TIWF. I am looking for match results, major angles and attendance for both groups. My sources have been slow lately with these two groups, so I need to try to get them quicker.