Monday, August 31, 2009

Food for Thought by Jamie Jay 8.31.09

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!! Yes, It's been a crazy week! Most of you probably already know, but I had a bad 4wheeler wreck Thursday night!

Ok, its like this, I was on a friend of mines 4wheeler! Now this is no regular 4wheeler! This is a $10,000 dollar CanAm! Fast, very fast! I've already drove this 4wheeler a couple of times! So, I'm driving down a gravel road, a truck just drove through there, so it was dusty! I started going around a curve at about 60 mph, now remember this 4wheeler will run about 95 mph off the show room floor stock! As I'm going around the curve the 4wheeler started sliding sideways, I let off the gas a little & got it strait, but with all the dust I couldn't tell exactly where the road was & before I could think, there was an embankment right in front of me! So, I turned the wheel just a little, but it was just to late to do anything!

I thought this was the end! When I hit the embankment, I went flying! While I was in the air I remember praying to God, saying " Please don't let me hit my head or break my neck!" Everything just slowed down, it was like slow motion. I had so many thoughts, but it was mainly me praying to God! I tucked my head into my chest & put my arms up to my head. When I landed it was like a truck hitting me. Soon as I landed I rubbed my head to check for blood, moved my neck around & they were ok. Then I went to get up & that's when I noticed I had no movement in my right leg, just pain! I looked down at my knee & blood was just squirting out! I pulled out my cell phone & called my friend & told him I crashed his 4wheeler, he said "ok, I'm on my way!" When they pulled up they said it was the scariest site, seeing the 4wheeler laying there & me laying in the middle of a gravel road! A cop came up & asked if I wanted & ambulance & I said that I would just have my friends carry me!

Once I got to the hospital & seen the looks on the nurses face, I knew it wasn't good! The X-ray tech came in & then the Dr. came in & he said nothing was broken! He then started digging his finger in & around it, cleaning out the gravel. Then he said that my tendon (ACL) was tore & one of the muscles was tore but he didn't know how bad. He then went on to stitch it up. He told me to go to a orthopedic an have an MRI done & go from there! I went home, & layed up on the couch in pain all day Friday. Then had a PWA Entertainment show on Sat. in McCrory, AR!

So, right here, right now, I'm saying I'm at fault for this, nobody else! I thank God for being there for me & here now for me! I seriously thought I was gonna die that night! So, for everybody pointing fingers, I already know its my fault, I already know I shouldn't been on that 4wheeler, I already know that I might have screwed up another shot with WWE! I don't need Dustin Starr or anybody else to tell me that! The time I broke my leg two days before WWE, do you think I wanted to go to work at my shoot job? Do you think, I knew I was going to break my leg? This time, do you think, I thought I was gonna crash that 4wheeler? If I could tell the future then things would've been different! I'm just saying, I know I'm at fault, I feel my bad for letting my friends down & letting myself down!

Ok, people think I'm done, no WWE! Well, think again! I'm going to start working my knee as soon as I can! I'm going to the Dr. 9/01/09 let him pull some fluid out! I'm going to see what he says, then go from there, but I'm telling each & everyone of you, I will be back soon, maybe by the 21st & 22nd?