Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Golden Circle "At Home In A Locker Room" by Greg Anthony

When most people start a new job there is that first awkwardness. That uncomfortable silence of when you don't know what kind of people you're working with. Way be for you find your mutual likes and dislikes. I mean heaven forbid you be a cardinals fan and your boss is die hard cubs, right? I've honestly never had this feeling in a pro wrestling locker room.

Any locker room I walk into those 15-16 guys or 47 if your at a DK show, I know we all have at least one thing in common. A common thread that can get the ball rolling on any conversation. Now nobody agrees 100% of the time but at least we can agree we love wrestling. Some don't love wrestling at present but they loved it more than anything at one time in their lives. Why else would they be here?

Since I've had the opportunity to tag with Bobby Eaton on a regular basis, I've found myself in new locker rooms. With some guys I've worked with before but others I've only heard about. In any other business situation this might cause some anxiety but in pro wrestling I really see it as another opportunity. To share like stories of how we broke it, people we enjoy working with or those we don't.

In Mississippi I got to work with Tony Dabbs. Nice guy who really impressed me in ring. One of those guys that you can just grab and go. In Fort Smith, Arkansas we worked with Jeff Jett and Matt Riviera. Jeff was fun to work with and isn't afraid to push the limits. Matt showed off some charisma and defiantly had his ducks in a row when came to running a promotion.

Midnight Gold has be shown a lot of hospitality and want to take this time to say thank you to everyone involved. Wrestling can be a jealous business but its nice to see lockerooms looking out for each other and not themselves. I believe I can speak for Bobby and Brian when I say we have felt at home in some of these locker rooms.
So Thank you!

----Greg Anthony is a regular on the local area circuit. He won RRO Booker of the Year 2008 and is listed in the top 5 of the RRO Top 10 2008. Greg is currently working as booker of NEW and can be seen tagging with legend Bobby Eaton and Brian Thompson as “Midnight Gold”.