Thursday, October 08, 2009

Coach's Corner "...Just Saying" by Brian Tramel

----I know everyone has had their favorite catch phrase to say. I remember saying stuff like "burn", "boosh", "you can't touch this", "if it was up your ass you would know where it was", "did I say that outloud" and other things like that to the point of just pissing off people when I said them. It makes me just laugh when I hear them today. My favorite current saying is "just saying" after saying something that I want to be pronounced or laughed at. So, here we go with a few of my thoughts....just saying.

-Shouldn't the Golden Boy be the "Golden Man"?? Or Tejano Kid be "Tejano Man"?? ...just saying.

-I have been working on the first stages of a new book on ring rats. Should I include stories about guys being with guy rats? ..just saying.

-I like the NEW building and the show. ...just saying.

-I like watching Psycho and Tony Myers try to kill each other every once in a while. ...just saying.

-Rodney Mack and Jazz have the best dressing room in this area. How could you not get along with these two?? ...just saying.

-My favorite all time managers in the Memphis area - Downtown Bruno, Jimmy Cornette and Jimmy Hart. Will there ever be anyone that good around the ring & mic EVER again?? ...just saying.

-Jamie Jay wrote something on his Facebook last night about Sid Vicious being pissy with him. Why is it that all I could think about is Sid powerbombing Jay?? And during the powerbomb Jay still has his leg bandaged?? ...just saying.

-Why is it that when I put someone over, then they are my best friend? But, when I say one bad thing about them, then I have no idea what I am talking about?? ...just saying.

-Just because you won an RRO award last year, does that make you eligible to be nominated this year?? I mean that would be like nominating "The Posse" for tag team of the year. ...just saying

-Speaking of RRO awards, has anyone else noticed the "curse" on tag teams that win the award?? "Picture Perfect" [did not tag in area the year after winning],"The Posse" [tag only a few times the year after winning] and then "Black Label Society" [did they tag over two times this year??]. ...just saying.

-Why do people call IWA the "black" wrestling show?? If it had all white people on it, would they refer to it as the "white" wrestling show? ...just saying.

-if Dustin Starr is not ready for the WWE, the who is in this area? ...jus saying.

-I still love the Lord Humongous gimmick and I could care less if Gunnar Eudy is trained or not. He is playing the fuckin Humongous character - how much work does it take to do that?? ...just saying.

-If I was hiring two guys in this area to be a booker for my promotion it would be Brian Thompson and Blalok the Blazer. ...just saying.

-If you are a guy and wanted to date a girl wrestler - would you want to date the best worker or the best looking one?? ...just saying.

-Tatt2 has some really awesome tattoos. ...just saying.

-Seth Knight is one of the best bumping guys in this area. ...just saying.

-If a promotion believes in you enough to put a belt on you, you should drop the belt no matter what. ...just saying.

-If Motley Cruz and Precious tagged, could they call their team "Cruzin for Penis"? ...just saying.

-Is it bad that even though some promotions that work shows in Mississippi have to have good matches that I don't want to go because of the horseshit that I watched this summer? ...just saying.

-If JD Kerry does not win "Rookie of the Year", then who deserves it? ...just saying.

-If Cody Melton and Christian Jacobs don't get pushed up to the main event singles status, then who else should be in those spots?? ...just saying.

----Coach's Corner is a bi-weekly feature at RRO by Brian Tramel. Tramel was wrestling manager Coach BT in a former life with Coach's Corner being published on the internet during those days. He has since added it to RRO as his signature column.