Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Food For Thought "Arkansas State Athletic Commission" by Jamie Jay

Hello Everyone!

Arkansas State Athletic Commission....

Where do I begin? Well, I for one have never believed in the commission. I mean, I know they exist but I refuse to be apart of it! I was taught that they do nothing for me, so why should I pay them my money? The commission in AR is a GIMMICK! All they do is take workers money & we get nothing in return! Think about it! What have they done for you or you're promotion? That's right...NOTHING!!!

I got a phone call on Sep. 17th. the day after I had surgery on my knee. The commission called me & said "we heard through the grapevine that you're running shows without a promoters license" I asked him who his grapevine was & he said he couldn't disclose that information, then I went on to say that I don't believe in the commission & that they didn't do anything for me, so why should I get all these license's? He said because its the law! Well, how strict is the law, or how would you compare it to another law? If it was like speeding, well then its not as big of a deal, we all break the speed limit sometimes. The fact is law or no law, its them committing a crime by stealing money from everyone stupid enough to give it to them!

Like I said earlier, someone called the commission on me! That's the only reason the commission even exist, because some asshole gets mad because you're drawing better than him or you used some of his talent! But, also like I said earlier, I don't believe in the commission & I won't purchase any license from them! I've talked to my lawyer & we're working out all the details now, but I won't be harassed by the commission anymore! So, for whoever that wants to call the commission go right ahead! My crew isn't wrestlers, they're actors, performing in front of a live audience! Like Vince said "We're ENTERTAINMENT!"

Speaking of acting. I'm working on a playwright now! Some of you know what I'm talking about & the rest of you will find out soon enough. Its going to be something great, or I hope anyways! lol!

Back to the commission! For all you young guys out there that thinks its cool to own a wrestlers license, think again! You send them 30 dollars for a license to wrestle in a shop, barn, outside, etc... I know its just 30 dollars, but you add up every wrestler, ref, announcer, manager, bell ringer, (yes, I said bell ringer), booker, promoter, & then 5% of the gate, that's alot of money for nothing! Why should we pay them to sit on there ass in Little Rock? They do nothing for us! For example: ASWF runs Tuckerman every Sat. night & 15 miles down the road SWA runs Newport! Now, commission rules state that a promotion can't run within 30 miles of another promotion, but they've been doing it for at least the past 6 months! Nothing against SWA, thats thier business, just an example!

I could go on & on about that! Anyways, chew on that! Really! Chew on that!!!


----Jamie Jay provides a bi-weekly column about the local focusing on his career and thoughts on the area. Jay is the driving force behind PWA, which promotes shows in the area Jay is currently sidelined with a knee injury.