Friday, October 09, 2009

My World - MAXXED OUT!! "Where Did I Go Wrong?" by Maxx Corbin

----Maxx usually only does his column once a month, but after seeing the stuff Dustin put on The Starr Treatment yesterday, he just HAD to respond. My favorite part is the last line - "but hey it made me laugh." - Maxx feels if it made him laugh that is all that matters. LOL BTW, Dustin did do a good job putting the guys over, but what about Jamie Jay and me?? Damn, he must hate us so bad he did not want to include us. LOL

WHERE DID I GO WRONG…..?

Max Corbin: Very good friend of mine. But I do not find his column very interesting at all. Seems a little more silly than anything else. I scan through the content, now… but usually don’t find anything that will grab my attention long enough to actually READ. Sorry, bro. Just stating the facts.

I read these words and slowly pushed myself away from the computer. I felt as if I was having an out of body experience, watching myself as I clicked the X on the box to close the Internet window. I felt the lump in my throat build as the burn of held back tears hit my sinuses. “Where did I go wrong?” I kept asking myself. Finally, emotion got the best of me and I broke down like a criminal at the end of an episode of CSI. I had to pull myself together and fast. I had a radio interview in 30 minutes to plug the wrestling show at my school. “Get it together, Richard…..Get it together,” I said as I looked in my bathroom mirror and splashed cold water on my face. I convinced myself that I was fine…..but I wasn’t. I walked out the door and got in the car. The Guns and Roses song “Paradise City” was blaring on the radio. The song cheered me up enough to continue on, but in the back of my mind I was thinking, “What do I do now?” Just like clock work, “Paradise City” faded out and in its place was Michael Bolton’s “How am I Supposed to Live without You” came on. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I pulled the car over and had a long cry…Too long as it turned out. I was now 2 hours late for the radio interview. The deejay doing the interview wasn’t even on the air anymore. When I turned it over to the station just to make sure, “How Do I Live without You” by Leeann Rhymes was playing and it started everything all over again. About 9:30 at night I finally made it home. I looked like a ghost and was severely dehydrated from crying…….. (I’m sorry I must take a break here….I’ll explain when I come back.)

(It is now 3 hours later than when I started writing this)

I’m back; I was writing and read where I had written the word “ghost”. It made me think of the Patrick Swayze movie “Ghost”. I started crying thinking about the pot making scene….what a sad movie. Anyways, back to my story.

So, I’m on a roof ledge in downtown Jackson. As I hear the officer’s voice on the megaphone tell me that it will be ok I think, “Will it? Will it be ok? Have you ever heard of the www.dustinstarr.com Hall of Shame!?” I yelled in anger. No, I have been dissed on the on the RRO Site of the year www.dustinstarr.com. My life was over. Anyone who is dissed on www.dustinstarr.com surely has nothing left to live for. So, I yell out, “TAKE ME GOD, I AM AN ABOMINATION TO YOU AND WWW.DUSTINSTARR.COM!” Just as I was about to jump I feel a sharp pain in my left ass cheek and I immediately fell over on the roof. Those bustards had used tranquilizers on me. I desperately clawed my way to the edge to fling myself over the roof. I was moving at a snails pace, but I knew there was still time to get to the edge before the cops and rescue squad got to me. I clawed with all my might, finally reaching the ledge. I went for one last push; this one would surely do it. Just as I pushed 3 cops and 2 paramedics grabbed me. I heard them say “We got him!” on their radios before I blacked out.

When I awoke, I was at the hospital on an IV. Murder She Wrote was on the TV. “Murder She Wrote?” I said surprised it was still on “I haven’t seen this since I was a kid and it came on before Raw. I must be…….”

“SHHHHHH, don’t speak, you need your strength.”

I had been cut off mid sentence with a finger over my mouth and these words. When I looked over I was shocked. I blinked twice and tears of joy filled my eyes. I could tell who it was just by looking at his abs. Even with a shirt on you could see them. I looked you to see the face of the award winning author of www.dustinstarr.com’s face. It was Dustin. He had been the one who had caught me on the roof. He saved me. And even though he wrote stuff on me in magic marker while I was passed out in the ambulance, I knew right then that he cared. Plus, I deserved it for hiding his belt all the time. So, after a few hours of talking about our feelings I realized that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Being dissed on www.dustinstarr.com wasn’t the end. Heck, there wasn’t even a hall of shame anymore. My life had new meaning and I was able to go on with my day feeling refreshed and renewed. I could love again….and more importantly…..I could be
loved.

OK, sorry if this was a bit out there. I was trying to spice up my column for Dustin and it got way out of hand…lol. The truth is I had about 3 or 4 phone calls yesterday asking me if I had seen where Dustin said he hated my column. I laughed and then went over to look at it. It really wasn’t that bad. Like I said my humor is lost on people. But being the true wrestling mark I am I though, “Hey I can turn this into a storyline!” and sat down and wrote this story. The truth is Dustin is a good friend. He has worked hard and deserves all the credit in the world for what he’s doing with himself. His opinion, is his opinion and I’m not up set at all by it….even when he’s wrong..LoL. I just thought I’d have some fun with this though. I do apologize if it comes off a little gay at the end too, but hey it made me laugh.

----Born Richard Mullikin, Maxx Corbin is a 7 year pro in wrestling and provides RRO with a monthly column. While growing up in Bemis,TN as a kid, he had no cable and lived week to week on the wrestling tapes he got from family and friends. He likes to think he has a great since of humor and makes light of tense situations. This is why he no longer works at the local hospital. He enjoys playing video games, stand up comedy, and music that very few have a taste for. He won an award in his middle school technology class for building a small bridge out of hobby wood. The bridge held 55lbs. He graduated from his high school with a 3.4 gpa. He was super bad ass at WCW vs NWO World Tour on N64(usually taking out opponents during Jerry Springer commercial breaks).