Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Final Cheap Heat of 2009 by Gene Jackson


So....2009 is quickly winding down and 2010 is upon us.....wow what a year '09 has been.... some good stuff and some down right horridly shitty stuff....

First off I want to apologize to Brian Tramel and the few readers who follow my stuff (and it turns out there are a few of you).... for pretty much just going awol the past few months. A LOT of stuff has been going on with me and I just haven't had the time to get on here and write like I'd like to. However my first resolution for 2010 is to change that..... Now that I'm not married anymore and have an awesome girlfriend who actually likes wrestling and going to shows I plan to make a LOT more shows this year than I have in the past 10 years......and I plan to write about it when I get back home.

Another issue I had was working on the Eddie Gilbert book (constantly) apparently had a small hand in what led to my marriage ending (thank God) so I completely just stopped working on it for the past 5 months or so..... Well, I plan to get back on track working on it once again in January where again my lovely new girlfriend figures in as she will be proofreading it and helping edit it so I hope to have it all finished by June/July at the latest.

I also hope to be able to do the occasional Cheap Heat Radio show and write a column hopefully at the very least every other week.

I didn't help with the yearbook at all this year which really sucks but with work and the craziness in my personal life I just didn't have the time hopefully next year I can have a big hand in it cause I really enjoy them.

MY LAST MATCH

Well I don't know how many people know but I was gonna come back and do one final match tagging with Neil Taylor as Southern Destruction against Kenny and Jimmy Valiant in Batesville this Saturday night but I hear it's been rescheduled til May......however I don't know if I can wait that long as I'm really kinda psyched up to get back in the ring again...(even if it's a HORRIBLE idea with my jacked up back).....perhaps I might be able to talk TFW into letting Southern Destruction step in the ring with the Asylum...or something..... who knows?


So you've been warned look for much more of the new and improved unmarried Gene Jackson to bring his unwanted opinion to you in 2010 be it here on RRO, RRO Radio, or at a "rasslin' show" near you. If you'd like to contact me about a booking, appearing on Cheap Heat Radio, or would just like to pass along a comment, complaint, complement, or want my address to make a donation to the "Buy Gene Jackson a big screen television" fund....email me at genejackson95@gmail.com

Also, check out my friend Leslie E. Jones' new myspace that features classic IWF Wrestling......I hope to do an interview with him on CHR one of these days and maybe he can post it there.....the address is www.myspace.com/iwfmidsouth