Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mama Says It Bees That Way Sometimes "ASWF" by Downtown Bruno Lauer

I just want to dedicate this short column to the ASWF and the folks that run that fine promotion in Tuckerman, AR. I made my ASWF debut this past Saturday night. I appreciate the great treatment that I was given by any and all of the ASWF personnel - David Walls, Ricky Rowland and Terrance Ward in particular.

They had a ceremony before the event honoring all the 2009 ASWF award winners, such as rookie of the year, match of the year and so on. I was happy to pass out the certificates while the incomparable T-Bone Ward announced the winners. I was humbled, shocked and pleasantly surprised when T-Bone and Austin Lane handed me a certificate and induced me into the Mid-South Hall of Fame, which was quite an honor.

I was also glad to see my good friend Reggie Montgomery, who I hadn't seen since our old Bert Prentice Ozark Mountain Wrestling. It is always good to be around great guys like Mike Anthony and Austin Lane. I refereed both of their matches. I also got to meet a lot of new guys and seeing some guys who I have not seen in years was great too.

Thanks again to David, Ricky and the whole ASWF crew - looking forward to seeing everybody next time my schedule allows it.....

----“Downtown” Bruno Lauer is a legend in Memphis Wrestling. Two time winner of RRO's Referee of the Year 2008 and 2009. He appears bi-weekly with his non controversial column. Lauer had his biography published last year “Wrestling with The Truth” and can be purchased at www.crowbarpress.com. Lauer is also currently employed by the WWE.