Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Thompson Perspective 05.23.2010 By Brian Thompson

This edition of "The Thompson Perspective" is coming to you from the road as I am in Elnora, Indiana. While I enjoy a trip away from time to time, unfortunately I am here for tomorrow's funeral services for my wife Nichole's father who passed away last week. I certainly want to thank those who have either sent messages via Facebook, text message, e-mail or by phone sending their condolensces. It is certainly appreciated.

On a "happier" note, I want to discuss the debut of "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and myself for Mid-Southern Championship Wrestling (MCW) in Osceola, AR. After 10 years in the wrestling business, you would think that at one time or another I would've worked there. Well, I finally made my debut there as did Bobby Friday night and what a nice experience it was.

This was also my first trip into the city of Osceola and it looks like they are doing some things right. Last week it was announced that 300 new, well-paying jobs are coming to the area through a new wind turbine plant, so that city is sitting on some good times coming up.

I enjoyed meeting Big Daddy Lafonce and being his manager for a six-man tag with LaFonce, Eaton and Frankie Tucker against V-Man, Bishop and Officer Hudson. Let's just say that things weren't settled last week and that its going to get a little more interesting this Friday night when we meet again. Manager Rashard Devon was not there this week but I hear he will make it Friday night. You just might see two of the Mid-South's top managers "duke it out" if he gets to close! Wouldn't that be worth the price of admission (have you seen those things I call "punches" LOL)

I know this wasn't a mind-boggling column, but I just needed to write. It is nice to be positive and treated with respect like we were in Osceola. We saw several faces we hadn't seen in awhile which is always nice. There is a reason that MCW has been around for the better part of 15 years. They keep entertaining their fans. I'm just glad to have finally got to work there and look forward to being back!

Until next time, take care all!

(Brian Thompson has been in the wrestling business for 10 years in various capacities. He currently operates Ringside Championship Wrestling with partners Steve Cherry and Bobby Eaton. He may be reached by e-mail at bptbookings@yahoo.com)

Thanks to the crew at MCW for giving Bobby and I respectful treatment and an escape from recent realities. We look forward to coming back this Friday night!