Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mama Says It Bees That Way Sometimes "Legit Training" by Downtown Bruno Lauer

 ----Downtown Bruno sent this along to WNC and RRO. 
You know what? After what happened to Jeremy Wood in Arkansas last week,we should all feel silly..myself included...for actually taking up time,or should I say WASTING time concerning ourselves with stupid bullshit that really doesn't matter at all in the big scheme of things. All of us who read this site and participate in professional wrestling have some stake in this profession,whether its making a living at it,wanting to make a living at it,or hopefully just trying to contribute to the business. Also, hopefully, trying to learn and improve every time they get around the business and people that they can learn from. If you don't fit into any of these categories,then you dont belong in the ring - period! And that's something I don't think anybody would expect me to apologize for! 

Jeremy Wood was a young man who I only met once,briefly,when I first participated in an ASWF event in Tuckerman, AR. I don't claim to be a good friend of his or even to know him,but in the brief,vague time we met, I do know that he was respectful to me and my wife.  This goes without saying,he obviously loved the business and wanted to be a part of it in some way,and in the end,that's what killed him.  Because he was obviously in the ring with people who didn't have the proper knowledge,skill,or perhaps,wherewithal to train him properly,and now hes dead!!!

I never thought id have to write that sentence about ANYBODY! Ok, if he was only in his 2nd session of training,why in the world was he doing clotheslines and taking powerbombs,as has been reported? Obviously, I  wasn't there, so I can only comment on the rumors and gossip that's going around, but if that's the case, that's the most irresponsible and unprofessional thing i have ever heard in 31 years of making my LIVING at this! Powerbombs are advanced moves..clotheslines come later in training,too. You start out by forward rolls, hitting the ropes, learning to lock up.etc...if you are going for your driving test, you don't learn Nascar manuevers or demolition derby tactics,do you? Hell no!!!!!!!  

Please,everybody,if you want to be in this business.  PLEASE go to a reputable training facility that is run by somebody that has actually been in the business,not some jerk-off in jeans and a t shirt who knows about as much as the people sitting in the audience. Of course, Nightmare Ken Wayne has a great school that I highly recommend to one and all,but there is also Kevin White and Brian Christopher who are great guys and great hands in the ring who can send you in the right direction as well.  Lance Storm, Harley Race, Steve Keirn, Sir Mo, Rodney Mack, Rick Bassman and a host of others.  They actually get it, and do it right. Stay away from the ones that have never walked the walk, because, sadly as we have all found out this week - they will not just take your money and train you wrong, which is bad enough in and of itself, but.....sadly...they can kill you. GOD rest poor J.wood,and pray for his family. Thank you.

An additional comment I would like to put on this great site is just that now that all the Downtown Bruno/EPW controversy has been addressed,dealt with,apologized about and moved on. I will not be posting ANY more comments on Hollywood Jimmy's message board. Anything I have to say will be either on RRO or WNC, so it can be verified by Jimmy and Brian Tramel that it indeed is me. That it is not somebody trying to start a bunch of crap! Therefore, if anybody posts anything on the message board or anyplace else besides rro or wnc, I can promise you that its not me, its an impostor. Why the hell would somebody want to pretend to be me? Pretend to be Brad Pitt or George Clooney for Christs sake, you'll get more results,at least till you are exposed!!!!LOL!!! 

----“Downtown” Bruno Lauer is a legend in Memphis Wrestling. Two time winner of RRO's Referee of the Year 2008 and 2009. He appears bi-weekly with his non controversial column. Lauer had his biography published last year “Wrestling with The Truth” and can be purchased at by hitting the link at the top of the page. Lauer is also currently employed by the WWE.