Sunday, August 01, 2010

Mark James' New Book!!

----I got the following e-mail from Mark James yesterday.  If you guys are interested in the history of Memphis Wrestling, then James does a great job!!



Ok guys, I’ve got some more info. The book is set to be coming out publicly (online, Amazon, etc) in late Aug to Early Sep. I was able to get 2  boxes of books early. The first set arrived last week, but Dave Millican bought them up and is taking them to Fanfest in Charlotte (Aug 5-8). I’ll be there to sign the copies for the fans who buy them there.
 
The second box of books is due to arrive around the middle of August. I am still taking names for this pre-release set and the day they arrive I will be in contact with the people  on the waiting list. Many of you have already gotten on the waiting list and you will be the first to get the book from me. If anyone else wants to be on the list, please shoot me an email back and let me know. The book will cost $25 ($0.35 more than the last book)and the shipping will be $3. The book’s description is listed below (from my last email).
 
I’ve got more info posted on the website if you’d like to read it (about the waiting list, Charlotte Fanfest, etc). Like I’ve said before, if you have any questions about the book.
 
For everyone on the waiting list, I’ll be in contact with you soon!
 
Mark James
Memphis Wrestling History
owner
 

---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hello all!
It’s been a while, mainly because I’ve been posting most updates to the website’s Facebook page. I did want to send out an email because my latest book, “Memphis Wrestling History Presents 1982” is now at the publishers. It should be available for purchase within the next month. If you go to the website, you can see the new book’s cover. A special thanks to Jim Cornette for all the cool photos he let me use. You can also send me an email if you want one of the books. I will get an initial set of them in (a month before they are available for sale on the internet)
 
This book is a little smaller in size, 8”x10”, but the page count is 434 pages. All 52 of 1982’s weekly programs are represented (around 270 pages)and I have written and additional 150 pages documenting each month in Memphis Wrestling in 1982. You get the story everyone saw on TV and at the matches, you also get the behind the scenes stories from the wrestlers that were there, (men like Jerry Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Dutch Mantell, Bill Dundee, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette, Jerry Calhoun, Lance Russell, Dave Brown, Steve Keirn, Austin Idol, Guy Coffey and many more.) Lastly, I break down the angles and give you in depth analysis on what and why the Memphis promotion was so popular in 1982. If you’re a fan of Memphis Wrestling, it’s a fun ride back to its glory days.
 
More information to come, (release date, book cost, etc.)
 
Feel free to email me with any questions you may have, If I have an answer I’ll tell you!
Mark James
Memphis Wrestling History
owner