Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Piece of My Mind by "The Big Cheese" Sal Corrente May 17th 2011-The Final Article

 
I had been in the wresting for 25 years or so when Jimmy Hart brought The Big Cheese to Memphis to manage The Assassins. I realize most Mid-South fans had never heard of me when I arrived. I had no idea at the time how many interesting and life changing experiences would occur in what ended up being a short time in Memphis Wrestling.

I still to this day think about all my troubles with Jerry Lawler and what really set him off. I always wonder if given the chance and a proper build would the people have Memphis paid to see Jerry Lawler take care of The Big Cheese. I am still amazed that as many times that Jerry worked me for or with me in the ring as a referee that he didn’t remember me but I actually believe that he didn’t remember me. It was such a shame to me I was having a great time in Memphis. I appreciate Corey Maclin for listening to Jimmy Hart and allowing me to come in. Of course I was warned on the front end since it wasn’t Lawler’s idea he would do what he could to wreck it. It’s really funny he has tried to wrestle so many people over the recent years with no success. I seemed to have some real heat maybe we couldn’t have drawn a dime but I sure would have treasured the chance to try.

Since my forum to write my blogs is going away I want to say that I attempted to settle my problems with Jerry Lawler and have him headline a WrestleReunion in Los Angeles against Austin Idol. I was going to manage Idol and Stacey Carter would have managed Lawler. I have been told that Idol was going to no show. I can tell you with 100% certainty that Idol would have been there. After receiving confirmation from his agent that he would do it Lawler bailed out and killed the whole deal. He was going to be paid VERY well. So I have done everything I could do to make this situation right Jerry had no interest in that.
As most recently this whole Stan Lane is not Sam Ticer and is not dead mess was another Memphis situation that I got involved in and luckily helped straighten out pretty quickly. I can honestly say that I couldn’t have dreamed up or thought I would ever be involved in.

So with that being said I want to personally thank Brian Tramel for allowing me to present my opinions on RasslinRiot Online. It was actually Brian who said that since I had so many stories and the people of Memphis have no idea who you are tell stories about what you have done. As I wrote articles it gave me a chance to reflect on my life and the different things that I have done or been involved in. I will forever be grateful to Brian although we have never met I feel like I know him. He gave me a forum at a time in my life when I was very bitter and angry. I always told the truth but I needed a place to vent and Brian gave me one.

Who knows why things happen the way that they do we just have to adapt as they happen. I want to thank Corey Maclin, Jimmy Hart, Stan Lane and Brian Tramel and Koko B. Ware for all their support through my times in Memphis. If you were a reader of my articles and enjoyed them I am glad that I was able to entertain you. If you read them and I pissed you off well don’t we all need something to vent about? So with that I say goodbye to RasslinRiot Online but I will continue to follow the new adventures of Brian Tramel on Facebook. The transformation Brian has gone through is something we should all be envious of, that type of discipline is something that we should all have. I believe that Brian should be very proud of what he has accomplished in wrestling and out. So with that said in case anyone wonders this boy from New York City loves Memphis, TN.

The picture in this article was taken in Orlando Florida with a baby face Big Cheese and Scotty Too Hotty we had tagged with Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka against “Gorgeous” Gary Royal, The Perfect Creation and Sugaa. We were managed by Afa “The Wild Samoan #1” Anoai and the other side by jimmy Hart “The Mouth of the South. So far that has been my last match I don’t know if it will be or it wont we never know what is right around the corner. With that I truly wish Brian personal and professional success in all that he attempts. He gave a lot for the people of Memphis and all the surrounding area’s for a long time. Good Luck Brian.

On a personal note WrestleReunion conventions are still happening. You can check out our website at www.wrestlereunion.com or find us on Facebook.

The young men in the picture are Nick Rodems of Tampa, Florida (Far Right) and his buddy Jake

This Has Been the Last Piece of My Mind. :)