Monday, November 06, 2006

RassleBits: Del McKie responds to Arnez, TLCW Results, Kastle quits, Knight finish changed, $10 Tickets, IPC Title, NBW, PWN, PCW and MAW

----Del McKie sent the following about the benefit show and the James Arnez incident: “I just wanted to give u a little bit of the story than just James’ side. I will say the ref did fuck up but the so call 20 people that were there to see him a lot of them were there for me and my kids. Let me clear something else up - DK did not call the shots. I thought Kelly did a hell of a job with this show and my hat goes off to him. And to the rest of the boys and every body that showed up. This has been a hard time for me and my family. As far as James being mad who cares? What makes him think the show should stop because he got mad over his match? Do you think if he worked for WWE and got mad over a match and sent some one to tell Vince that if he didn't come and talk to him he was leaving Vince would have done the same thing Kelly did?? We all know that's not the way it works so grow up! And as far as James burning his boots let them burn once again. I want to thank you Brian and every body that showed up for the show. And thanks to all the boys that worked the show. Finally, thanks to my good friends Brian Thompson and Bobby Eaton who could not be there but sent Brian down to sell pictures for my kids.”

----Did not get full TLCW results, but here is what I got: Hardcore Match Big Steve beat Jack The Jack Hammer: “Black Out Squad” [Oz/Bishop] beat ‘Hot Topic” [Stan Lee/Derrick King] – Gryffon X [Biscuit] interfered…Pokerface beat Dustin Starr…”Picture Perfect” interview,which was a worked shoot with them complaining about not getting to work last weekend and getting looked over. Maybe a heel turn for them??…Cruiserweight match: Tatt2 beat Jerry Wade…Main event sounded real good: TLCW Title: Chris O’Neal vs Flash Flanagan – Rashard guest ref – [Flash’s manager] – Rashard will not count – Flash uses his feet – Bill Rush pulls Rashard out and posts him – O’Neal roles him 1..2..Flash kicks out of finisher - Flash hits Rush - O’Neal then got Flash in the walls of Jericho – Flash had chair given to him by the heel Commish [who had been fired earlier in the night] and Dustin Starr makes save, but uses chair on O’Neal. Starr beats the hell out of everybody. Hot Topic/Picture Perfect finally make save…Crowd was up at bit around 65 with a gate of about $325. Looks like TLCW and NBW both benefited from the DCWF closing.

----I got word this morning after I posted the Selmer show results that Kaleb Kastle quit CWA after his first match the other night. He ask them to not refer to him as Kidd Kastle [the Memphis Wresting gimmick] and when they announced him they called him “Kidd Kastle.” He was scheduled to work Alex Krisis later in the night, but took his stuff off and left after that.

----Seth Knight was slated to win the battle royal for the bye, instead of Christian Jacobs, in NWA Mid-South Friday night. Knight showed up in no condition to wrestle – alcohol induced intoxication. The building owners had ask for Knight to not be ask back to the show, so the crew felt it was best to eliminate Knight from the battle royal. The catcher – Knight did not know anything about the booking change of Jacobs going over. He was totally pissed after the show.

----I read some complaints about the price of MAW tickets @ $10. I got to be on the side of the promotion here. LAW’s Kelly Warner was way ahead of the curve for this as when LAW first started running shows, they always charged more than other promotions. Warner always said, “If you charge more, then they perceive you as first class” or something like that. It is very important to always run a tight good show at those prices as a $10 fan does not come back as often as a $5 fan would come back. CWA charges $10 for advance and $12 for at the door. I have heard no one say that CWA show was not worth it. LAW charges $8 and $10 respectively and they usually have a good show also. One thing I am trying to say here is this – if MAW is going to run the New Daisy on Beale Street and you get in for $10 – you are getting in for cheap. For all those promoters that still charge $5 and draw less than 100 people every week – get with the times –charge them $10 and put on a better show. You will have more fans show up.

----The Inter-Promotion Championship Title that has been talked about here is looking to be recognized by all the small promotions in this area. The idea is to bring the champion in about every 3 months and have him defend the belt vs a top contender. This was always a big deal with belts that were brought in for Jerry Lawler to try to win. It will not tarnish your current champ and it is not something that would hurt your promotion. If enough of the smaller promotions could agree to something as small as this idea, then the IPC Title would mean something that bookers could use in their storylines. If you are a local promoter and this idea interests you, then please contact me and I will send you in the right direction.

----Some more NBW notes from Saturday night: Tim Edwards did not work and was pissed about it…No shows were Gryffon X [worked for TLCW] and Jerry Weezy...I was told the show as a whole was one of the best in a long while in Dyersburg......The dressing room was told that there were a few other guys from the Pond that were wanting to come to NBW but was told "No Way" by Motley Cruz...I also was told that “Team X”, which was scheduled to start here has been ask to work TLCW for Derrick King.

---Pro Wrestling Network web site is still up and running. This site was almost a prelude to what I have done with my site. Randall Cresswell has joined my site with a column every week, but still maintains some on his site. His “InsideScoop” column is interesting. Thanks to him on the help with the new graphics for this site also.

----I talked with a friend [Brad] via yahoo messenger last night that went to both the MAW show and PCW show this past weekend. “I can tell you the Riverboat was nowhere near 50 fans. It was more like 15.” He went on to say, “But, the boat was pretty cool due to the upper deck and having a bar; and you could smoke. And, they had the lights and announcers, and all, and being right downtown on the river, it was unique, but I really wasn’t impressed by the talent. Well, Arnez and Jamie Jay were good, but rest did not impress me. He went on to say, “It really has potential” and I have to agree with him there. Sounds like a fun place to have wrestling. And, my source gave me 50 must have been counting the workers. LOL 15 paid with a gate of just a little over $100.

----Brad had this to say about the MAW show, “Now wrestling-wise, I saw the best local wrestling I’ve seen of the ones I’ve to – XOW/Riverboat/TLCW – at the MAW show. Due to the venue, and the style of wrestling with the less family-oriented style, it reminded me more of promotions like JAPW, IWS, ROH, etc. Even though the size of the crowd [20-30 people] wasn’t much bigger than the Riverboat, they were so much more into it. Reno Diamond and Crime put on the best match of the night. Big Ace and Chris Lexx were great too. They put on a hell of a better show than any I’ve seen.”