Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Favorite Paul Wight Story

----Even though Brian Thompson did give us history of Memphis, TN and Paul Wight, he forgot to mention my favorite visit EVER of Paul Wight to Memphis.

From http://www.thesmokinggun.com/

“Paul Wight, the 500-pound wrestling star, was arrested in December 1998 by Memphis cops for allegedly exposing himself to a female motel employee. The criminal case, though, was subsequently dropped due to insufficient evidence. Wight--then billed as The Giant--was in town for a World Championship Wrestling (WCW) event.”

----The story that I was told at the time was that the female employee ask Wight something like, “why do they call you the Giant” or something stupid like that. Since he is this huge monster of a man, then why would you not call him “the Giant” Wight proceeded to say, “this is why they call me the Giant” and pulled out his penis to show her. I am surprised Vince never billed his as “The Big Penis Man”. LOL Oh yea..btw...I also loved it when Wight was coming to the ring smoking!!! LOL The cigarette looked like a toothpick!!!