Friday, April 20, 2007

Sir Mo Out - Jeremy Moore In - NBW Gets A New Booker???

----I talked with both Jeremy Moore and Mo tonight and they cleared up a few things. Mo is in Florida right now and then will be in North Carolina for a few weeks. Mo said, “They are running up my phone bill” and laughed when I called. He told me that he and Jeff McDonald [Big Money Gripp] are booking the NBW show via phone. Moore pretty much just said, “I am putting my input in the show tho” and yes, the best I can figure out he is.

----Is it good to have a teenage kid help book your show?? My instincts are telling me “hell no”, but didn’t most of us “book” stuff when we were growing up?? I remember having my Johnny West [Lawler] collection and West always wrestled Geronimo [Dundee – yea it was a stretch] with General Custer [Jimmy Valiant – much closer] jumping in. But, hell that was in my own bedroom playing with action figures long before there were wrestling figures. But, Moore gets to book now!! Just a freakin kid!! I guess you have to start somewhere, but it is good to know he is not booking everything.

----Coming off their biggest show from a promotion that isn’t even a year old, they need to keep hitting homeruns the next few shows. The cost of the show at the door is going to half of what they paid Saturday night, but do fans actually know that?? Rikishi, Flex, C4P and others are not going to be there every week. Will the fans turn on them when they come to show and the talent roster does not consist of them?? The key to the next two weeks is to keep putting guys like Gaylon Ray and Jeremy Moore in the ring in tags and such with the guys that can work. A lot of people that I talked with this week thought it was not a good idea to put Rikishi in the ring tagging with Moore/Big Red and against Kilo/Mark Justice/Ray. Why not?? I was told by more than one person that Alan Steele should have been in with Kishi. Steele was going to have a good match with ANYONE that night – Moore and Ray could not have done that.

----Mo coming off this big show had other problems he had to deal with and he has taken a few weeks off. He told me that he didn’t know how long he would be gone, but he does plan on coming back. Mo has been suffering from kidney problems for the last three years and his health is just getting worse. I had reported that he blew up last Friday night at “Sam’s Town”, but in reality he has been in so much pain it is hard for him to work. He will be getting surgery if needed and I wish him the best.