Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lawler Says It Is A Joke...

----This is was just posted a few minutes ago on http://www.1wrestling.com/ by Bill Apter. There has also been rumors that were posted on http://www.hollywoodjimmy.com/ that said that Lawler had been suspended from the WWE because of this. Those statements are just untrue.

NEWSLINE
EXCLUSIVE: LAWLER COMMENTS ON CORRENTE COMPLAINT
By: Bill Apter6/20/2007 10:05:55 PM
NOTE FROM BILL APTER:

I personally spoke with Jerry Lawler a few minutes ago. When I told him why I was calling he laughed and said "come on Bill, this is a joke!" When I informed him that the reports are all over the Internet, and read some of them to him, Jerry gave me this exclusive statement below:
Regarding the complaint, this has got to be joke!

I have not had anything official served to me as yet. I first heard about this from a friend who called that he heard it on TV.

He explained that the TV report said that Sal Corrente, who is the Big Cheese on our show, got in touch with Tunica, Mississippi Police filed assault and battery charges, claiming I hit him too hard during a wrestling match!

This has got to be a joke. If I got arrested every time I hit a wrestler or manager during a wrestling show, I would be on death row by now!
Koko Ware was on the show and he hit him a lot more times than I did. Maybe Koko will now become the official Birdman of Alcatraz!

You know Bill, I am just shocked that the authorities, the law enforcement authorities in the great State of Mississippi are so gullible that they are letting themselves get sucked in by this guys obvious publicity stunt.
Who ever heard of one wrestler having another arrested after a match at a wrestling show?

END COMMENT FROM BILL APTER:
When the conversation was officially over, Lawler confided in me that he still felt that this was some sort of joke and cannot fathom that it has gone even this far.