Monday, June 25, 2007

Psychology 101 : The Simple Plan

----I wanted to first post this separate, so I can send this various people when they bitch about my ratings and such. Pro wrestling in general has a simple psychology. You may actually create different ways of doing it, but it can be followed very easily. Here is the easiest way to do it.

Singles Match

--Babyface shine
--Heel Heat
--Two hope spots for the face
--Face comeback
--Finish

Tag Team Match
--Babys shine
--Heel heat on one member
--Two hope spots for the face
--Double down
--Hot tag
--Finish

----As I said, there can be some variations of this and there will probably be some of the guys in this area argue a little bit about the way I got it laid out, but I am trying to give you the easiest way to run a match. I could probably spend 10 pages explaining this in depth, but if you can’t do the basic psychology stuff, then the advance class does not exist. The psychology is what separates the good wrestlers from the guys that just put on tights.

----I would like to also say to all the local workers – BUY SOME GEAR!! All it takes is wrestling boots, some tights or trunks. For those guys that actually do a gimmick and you do a good one, then you guys need to just buy boots. If I was a promoter and you did not have wrestling boots, you would not work my shows.

----I am not posting this because I feel I am an expert or anything. I am posting it because I sit thru 24 matches this weekend. The matches that the crowd was into were for the guys that know psychology and look like wrestlers. The fans are so keyed to WWE with their flash and fancy that if you want to be accepted by them, you are going to have to at least wrestle and look like a wrestler.