Thursday, September 27, 2007

Coach's Corner - Thursday Edition - by Brian Tramel

----Can you believe “The Miz” is a total prick and “chick magnet”?? Hell yeah you can!!! This guy is one of the most natural heels I have ever seen. He comes across as that guy that got all the girls in high school and all us fat kids hated. And then, you bring out the fat kid, Balls Mahoney to do an angle with Kelly Kelly. Is it believable?? Nah, not really, because in real life Kelly would not even look at Balls or she would just try to make fun of him by going out with him. Or Balls might turn into that guy that every other guy looks at and wonders – “How the hell did HE get HER??” Well, at least with this angle we know it isn’t because he has a big penis, it is because he has big BALLS!! LOL I could not resist!!

----Tommy Dreamer is playing the “Terry Funk” role in ECW. A role that I love and I think works much better than a wrestler past his prime trying to say he is still the best. Elijah Burke has the youth and the moves. Dreamer might not be young anymore, but he has the HEART!! Even though CM Punk vs Burke would be a better match on paper, I am hoping to see Dreamer vs Punk. Proof that the booking has me pulling for the underdog. Do you wonder why Jerry Lawler and the Mid-South Coliseum did so good when Lawler was chasing the belt vs Bockwinkel or Flair?? Lawler was the underdog and the crowd love to cheer him – win or lose.

----What’ca think of Matt Striker?? Here is a guy that got a break because he was cheating. Vince McMahon loves guys like this. Striker had the passion though and really wanted to be a professional enough that he would forge his work excuses. He is living his dream now and stuck with a guy like Big V. No bad comments on V as I like fat people. Someone else that reminds me of Striker a lot is Mike Kruel in the OVW developmental. He is real good on the mic and is better in the ring than Striker. Kruel will probably get the call to come up. He also has a normal looking Bruno Sammartino type body. Is that normal?? LOL

----He rose from the ashes – he is….Tony “The Weasel” Watts. A guy that I could just seeing falling flat on his face has risen within the ranks of the Mississippi indys by doing something that would look like was a big mistake. He left his friend Brody Hawk to run shows on his own and everyone, including myself, thought he would fail. Is Watts’ success with XOW all his fault? Nah. He is very fortunate to have aligned himself with Billy Russ, who many called just a “money mark” and a good booker in Sarge O’Reilly. This guy Watts, who was considered an outsider by many, is doing very well for himself. I am not a big fan of booking bouts without meaning and a Steel Cage Match needs to have a reason, but it is also may just be a way to get the crowd in to see the show. It will probably work as you will be giving the fans something that many have not seen. It couldn’t have been better timing either [coincidental, because I can’t give Sarge all the credit] with the cage match just coming off RAW. I remember doing something similar in my booking to show the fans a different show on my first night in towns. A 60 Minute Iron Man Tag Team match one night in CCW on a first town show – the crowd ate it up!! A few months later I had a 30 minute Iron Man Hardcore match in another new town and the crowd crapped on it.

----I do have friends within in this business that reads my site religiously. I have those same friends that usually pick up the phone and call at least once a week. Or we talk on Yahoo IM. Do they expect different treatment on this site than other wrestlers?? I really hope they do not, because if they do they will be disappointed. Just because I might write good things about a worker does not mean he has got into my ear and wanted me to write stuff. I do take suggests from people at times, but it does not mean I am favoring someone because they are my friend. My thoughts and words on here – they are mine. If you don’t believe I give my friends slack, then you need to e-mail me. I will send you toward one of my best friends ever in this business – he will tell you he hardly ever pleases me in the ring or I rank him with high stars. That is what he expects from me – and for those that think wrestlers control what I say – take a look at the good things I have written about you and hell, I have probably only talked to you about 10 minutes in the last year.