Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Maxx Corbin Update!!

----Here is a pic of Maxx Corbin’s X-ray of his ankle. If you look close at the circled part, then you can see the crack. Ouch!! This happened during the “Genocide” vs “Asylum” [Arnez/Psycho] at the end. “Asylum” were doing their finisher [“straight to hale”], which is a cobra clutch russian leg sweep big boot combo. It was just a freak accident as Corbin told RRO this afternoon, “I was waiting for the boot to make contact to take the bump. And it got almost to me and Psycho went back. I wasn't ready to bump. I was about a second behind what they were apparently. So with my left leg planted, Psycho fell back and the only thing holding me and him up was my ankle. Not blaming him though. It was just a timing thing. When the timing is off you can get hurt doing a drop toe hold.” Corbin is expected to be off from 6 to 8 weeks if it heals correctly. If there seems to be problems with the healing process, then they will have to do surgery. Corbin told me that his myspace has been busy these last few days and a lot of e-mails. He said, “Please mention that I appreciate all the supportive calls and emails I've gotten.” Best wishes from RRO on a speedy recovery.