Monday, August 04, 2008

A Message From Lance


A Message From Lance

Yello' again everybody. Boy it's been much too long since I last was with you, sorry for the absence. Believe me you have been in my mind and I've been reading the Forum regularly. I'm almost sorry to say that you seem to be getting along fine without me.

I wanted to let you know that I got a phone call, the other day, from Memphis Wrestling Promoter Corey Maclin. Cory called to tell me about the new home for Memphis Wrestling on Memphis' channel 50,"ion tv". And, while you know that I haven't been in Memphis for some time and haven't had the opportunity to watch channel 50, I'm happy for Corey and the fans that wrestling is back on the air. And the good news is that it returns at its classic time slot of 11:00AM Saturday mornings.

I'm sure that Corey didn't take the time to tell me all of his plans but, from what he did say, it sounds like he has some great changes in mind for the new Memphis promotion. Most exciting of which, is the news that Memphis Wrestling fans can expect to see some talent new to Memphis but not new to the ring. In addition, Corey is planning to promote live house shows in the Memphis mid-south area. Let's hope that this news means that we can expect some good days for a great Memphis tradition.

One other thing that I can tell you is that I've agreed to join Corey and Jerry "The King" Lawler in a phone interview that will air Saturday August the 9th . I'm looking forward to talking with them about the new promotion and I certainly appreciate Corey making it possible for me to say that I've been on every television station that Memphis Wrestling has been on since its inception.

If you have any questions about the new Memphis Wrestling promotion ask them here and I'll do my best to get answers for you. I am planning on making a live appearance on the new show just as soon as circumstances allow me to travel back to Memphis.

Join with me in wishing Corey and all those associated with the new show good luck and best wishes in providing another era of legendary Memphis Wrestling.

Credit: www.lancerussell.com