Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Burning Bridges..." by Maxx Corbin


----Here is something that was posted on area worker Maxx Corbin's myspace.com blog. As I have said in the past that I feel this site is not only just a news site, but a learning tool for some of the young guys. I am going to post the start of it right here and then if this interests you, then click over and read rest of it. I also will give TIWF an opportunity to respond also.


I know, I know. I will get about 3 million messages tomorrow for this telling me how i need to stop blasting a company and that I had nothing to do with this situation...blah, blah, blah! Well the way i look at it its not "slander" if its true. But who knows I did talk to Dustin (this is what it feels like to do a promo LIVE on the internet) Starr a few minutes ago, so maybe his style rubbed off on me a bit. LOL.

Anyways, about a month ago I was approached by a friend that I had kinda lost touch with a bit, Steven Rampage. He told me he was really wanting to get out of TIWF because he wasn't happy. To be honest at first I just kinda let it go at first. I had tried to talk him into leaving back when me and Myles did last year, when they were paying guys with DVD's. For some reason he decided to stay and they told him he could help book shows. So I figured if he was good with everything, that was fine by me. So, back to last month. I get a message from him asking about other shows. Not really thinking he'd listen to me, I told him that if he left TIWF I'd put in a good word for him and try to get him in Ripley. He was concerned at first and said he didn't want to burn a bridge with TIWF. My logic to him was if Wildside's buddies could steal from the company and still have a job, then him wanting to work other shows shouldn't be a problem. But I guess deep down I knew that would be a problem. It would be the same problem me and Myles had last year. That problem being this...We Were Not Wildside's Friends!

So knowing that I knew Rampage would get the shaft for leaving and wanting to work other shows. Boy was I right! I had told Rampage not to mention Ripley or anything like that, but to tell TIWF he was taking a few weeks off. Then if Ripley worked out OK, if not he could go back to TIWF. Well, this time Rampage didn't take my advice. Wanting to do the right thing he told them that he was going to go work in Ripley and that he wouldn't be there next week. What do you think he was told? Guess? Get this, he was told he was never welcome again because they considered that "No Showing". Which prompted me to ask "Do they know what no showing is?" No showing is saying your 5 minutes awy and never walking in the door, its when someone says they well be there and doesn't show, Its when some gets water thrown on them and gets mad and leaves before there match (had to throw that in lol). That's no showing. Telling them a month, week, or day before hand is not. Oh well, no biggy though. I mean its TIWF. Getting asked to leave there is like getting asked if you want to get off a sinking ship. Of coarse you do! (Now send emails telling me I'm way off base here) No this wasn't a big deal at all.....BUT. TIWF had a ring and some equipment that Rampage owned. Every time he tried to get in touch with them to get it they gave him the run around. I knew how he felt too. About 2 years ago when they were trying to run a school, I brought them a gym mat that they could use. After I saw that they were training the guys ther out of a book and the fact that they were teaching them a powerbomb (or more accurately telling them to do a powerbomb, without instruction) as there second move I decided not to go back. I didn't need a kid being paralyzed on my watch. I told them they could keep the mat there, for a while and I'd come by at the next show and get it. Well by the next show me and TIWF started having some problems, the training facility was closed, and wouldn't you know it the mat was gone. I have since asked for the mat and have been told they are looking for it. Its been 3 weeks and still no word. Wonder who is looking for it?
CLICK HERE to read rest of it.

CLICK HERE TO VOICE YOUR OPINION ON THIS ON THE KAYFABE BOARD!!