Monday, September 15, 2008

Lawler Draws Big Crowd at Autograph Signing - 8 People Attend!!

----Larry Goodman posted earlier about Jerry Lawler's appearance at the Prime Time show. Here is a report about his personal appearance earlier that day - that "King" was huge draw!! LOL

I drove about an hour and half To Columbus, GA yesterday for the Jerry "King" Lawler signing at Bill Heard dealership. I wasn't disappointed, I arrived a half hour before the signing and Jerry was just arriving in his limo. They took him to the back to take some publicity shots for the car dealership. But the greeter let us sit in the front lounge to wait so there was no line. They did the set up in the front of the store. There must have been eight people there sitting in chairs. When he came out he greeted all of us. The King was such a cool nice guy and made some jokes about his opponent that night. He even asked if my wife wanted to take a picture with him, but she said no thank you because she was sick. I mean the guy had a match later on she didn't want to get him sick. I felt bad, she might've hurt the Kings ego.Im so glad I had the chance to meet him, because I missed the chance at Wrestlemania in Orlando. By the time I arrived at the Block party they closed the line for the King with about 500 people still in line. So yesterdays signing with only 8 people there I felt bad for the guy, but definitely enjoyed my time with the king. Got to love 2nd chances. I really felt bad for the promoter who brought him in, because he must've paid a fortune to bring him in to this small town.

Angel Ramos Americus, GA

Title : SHOCKED AT JERRY LAWLER SIGNING
Author : Georgiann Makropoulos
Date : 09/13/2008 (03:50:24 PM)

Here is a report on Lawler and Chyna signing from last weekend! I did not attend her signing with J&J Collectibles but I did mail in and got my book and photos back yesterday

ok well
Yesterday I attended the signing for Jerry Lawler! I was shocked! I got there right when the signing started and I never do this because the lines are usually out of control at that point! I walked into the dealership and I actually counted 8 people. They were scattered around sitting in plush seats waiting on Jerry! I could not believe the low turn out! I guess because it was a Friday and all the kiddies were in school. The lowest turnout that I had ever seen b4 then was around 100 people and the most was around 1000. That was for the Hardys and Cena!

Jerry soon walked in after getting out of his white limo and was in great spirits! He lit up the room as soon as he walked in! He was real imp ressed with my work and wanted to see more! Unfortunately this was a new book so I did not have anything else to show him. I'm still kicking myself in the butt because I was meaning to grab another sketchbook b4 I left! We talked about the new wrestling comic that he is illustrating! It comes out in Oct he said! He asked me if I was staying around for the show after but I needed to get back on road for my hour1/2 drive back home! Great time..Great Man. I always like getting feedback from other artists! So it was a great treat to be able to converse with Jerry and also Jeff Hardy at a previous signing!