Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wayne Talks NEW!!!

----I sent RRO visitor and friend Wayne a note to ask him about NEW the other night. He sent along the following to me on myspace.com and I ask for permission to reprint it. Brian Thompson and I might get a bit of criticism for putting over NEW, because we are so close to group. Here is a point of view from the crowd.



I'm listening to you and Brian on the show right now.

I loved the show, absolutely loved it. The finish of Greg King/Matt Justice was great. To sell the sportsmanship/competition edge, that was the way to go. And to do it with the first match really set the tone.

The point I heard you make on the radio show about the slow build leading to a pop for a dropkick should play well over the long term. The first time someone doesn't shake hands, or the first time someone throws a punch- damn, it's going to mean something. Hopefully that's months away.

I love Bruno, but I'd like to see a referee change. With the totally straight style that they're selling us, to have Bruno doing the fast count/slow count and stuff like that, it stood out like a sore thumb. From listening to your show, I think we'll disagree on that point. From listening further, if I'm hearing Thompson right, they may have sold that on commentary in a way to prove me wrong. I'm cool with that.

I want to see a NEW show that's in front of a group that isn't friends, family, and smarts. It was wonderfully subtle, but Eric was playing the heel. The promo was about hurting people. He referred back to that during the mic delay. Would he have gotten cheered in front of a mark crowd? We'll see.

I agree with you on Kid being the star. He's got it. I don't think we'll see Jeff Jett anymore, but Kid still made it work. The pop he got for his submission brought a smile to my face.

Loaded Boot said it best, it was freakin' hot and full of mosquitoes in there, and we would have stayed all night long. Hell, I'm ready to go out and hang up posters for them.

Is it too early to refer to NEW as "ROH South"?

-Wayne